The Student Room Group

Visiting Day

Hello all,

I am going to attend a visiting day on February 2nd at Aberystwyth University. I have been looking through the schedule for the day and it says that I will be attending an (informal) interview and a sample lecture. My question is: does this mean it is presumed that you should attend the visiting day itself on your own?

My mum is interesting in going, but after reading the above information, I am a little concerned; I don't want to turn up with her and be the only one there with a parent! :gasp: So should I just go on my own, or would it be fine to take her along? She is interesting in seeing the uni, as she was unable to attend the open day.

Also, what would an informal interview and a sample lecture involve? This may seem a stupid question to some, but I am just trying to get as much info as I can before I go!

Thanks in advance!

P.S: If it helps with answering the latter part of my question, I will be doing Criminology at Aberystwyth.
Reply 1
Sample lectures are normally open to parents and students - unless there are too many for the lecture hall (York, for example lets all students in first and then parents until spaces are filled). Obviously you attend the interview on your own, but as it's informal, it will probably be more about telling you about the course / options etc than anything else. I would imagine most people visiting Aberystwyth are with parents because they will have travelled by car, so you would probably be more unusual if you didn't have a parent. Let your mum enjoy the day.
Reply 2
Original post by notanumber
Sample lectures are normally open to parents and students - unless there are too many for the lecture hall (York, for example lets all students in first and then parents until spaces are filled). Obviously you attend the interview on your own, but as it's informal, it will probably be more about telling you about the course / options etc than anything else. I would imagine most people visiting Aberystwyth are with parents because they will have travelled by car, so you would probably be more unusual if you didn't have a parent. Let your mum enjoy the day.

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending