The Student Room Group

Vet med open days

I’m currently picking which uni open days to go to and I have to narrow it down to 4. I’m not sure on which universities I want to go to yet but I have a rough idea. Should I be going to the universities I’m sure on or the ones I’m on the fence about? Any advice is appreciated, thank you.
My daughter had completely discounted Liverpool till we took a day out from a holiday in the Lakes to do the open day. It then went to the top of the list. Surrey would have been the easiest choice from a location point of view but was not even on the long list after a visit. I would try and visit any you might end up spending 5 years of your life at.
Original post by Elizabeth200
I’m currently picking which uni open days to go to and I have to narrow it down to 4. I’m not sure on which universities I want to go to yet but I have a rough idea. Should I be going to the universities I’m sure on or the ones I’m on the fence about? Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

If you are unsure what unis to apply to visit them all. I didn’t think I’d apply to Nottingham as I was adamant on RVC but I did the open days hated RVC and fell in love with Nottingham (where I now am)! When I applied there were 7 unis and I went to 5 open days- Scotland was a bit far when I didn’t think I’d have much of a chance. Why do you have to narrow it down to 4? Some universities have virtual open days that could help
Original post by flamingolover
If you are unsure what unis to apply to visit them all. I didn’t think I’d apply to Nottingham as I was adamant on RVC but I did the open days hated RVC and fell in love with Nottingham (where I now am)! When I applied there were 7 unis and I went to 5 open days- Scotland was a bit far when I didn’t think I’d have much of a chance. Why do you have to narrow it down to 4? Some universities have virtual open days that could help

We’re trying to save on travel expenses so I have to limit the number of trips. I’d love to go to one of the Scottish unis but my chances of getting in are very slim as there’s only 30 places. Part of me wants to apply to Edinburgh anyway just incase but that’s probably not the most logical decision.
Original post by Elizabeth200
We’re trying to save on travel expenses so I have to limit the number of trips. I’d love to go to one of the Scottish unis but my chances of getting in are very slim as there’s only 30 places. Part of me wants to apply to Edinburgh anyway just incase but that’s probably not the most logical decision.

For me I chose not to visit in case I fell in love but didn’t get in. I’d probably pick 2 definitives to visit and 2 probablys/maybes to see if you like them. It’s hard if you have to limit it. I managed to do more as I went with my school to a few universities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending