The Student Room Group

All You Arty People!

Hello,

I was wondering if uni's are really bothered about first and second choice in fine art. i've only applied for Chelsea as i've been told some unis don't like being second choice will hinder their opinion on whether you really want to go there. It too late now anyway but just wanted to know what you think!

Where has everyone applied for and have they got an interview yet?

Has anyone got tips about mini-portfolios and interview? I would be particularly keen to hear from people who applied for Fine Art and Chelsea and UAL people, however all advice is always welcome!

Good Luck!
Reply 1
Original post by OrangeJuice565
Hello,

I was wondering if uni's are really bothered about first and second choice in fine art. i've only applied for Chelsea as i've been told some unis don't like being second choice will hinder their opinion on whether you really want to go there. It too late now anyway but just wanted to know what you think!

Where has everyone applied for and have they got an interview yet?

Has anyone got tips about mini-portfolios and interview? I would be particularly keen to hear from people who applied for Fine Art and Chelsea and UAL people, however all advice is always welcome!

Good Luck!

From this ucas cycle onward you no longer rate UAL colleges in terms of preference. In fact this applies for all the UCAS process. You can APPLY TO ALL colleges but before this year your second choice will only be looked at if your were rejected by your first. from now on other colleges dont know if you applied to another college within so LLC for e.g. want knw you applied to chelsea.

EDIT choices are arranged alphabetically and other universities will NOT know where else you applied to slightly worrying that you applied to chelsea only :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
****, now im worried! i didnt know about them not knowing what youve applied for
Have you had an interview at Chelsea?
Reply 4
did you apply to only chelsea within the UAL or only UAL and no other universities no chelsea dont ask for mini portfolios till next month
the thing is im doing an extended degree at the mo, and im on the foundation year so technically i have this place to fall back on although i dont particularly want to stay here. yes, it is only Chelsea i've applied for altogether, solely because i thought it would be smart if they thought i only wanted to go there. i guess that was a mistake now. i would have put down Goldsmiths and central saint martins aswell if that wasnt the case. How do you have so much more info on the whole ucas stuff than me? lol! whens your mini portfolio due in?
Reply 6
Original post by OrangeJuice565
the thing is im doing an extended degree at the mo, and im on the foundation year so technically i have this place to fall back on although i dont particularly want to stay here. yes, it is only Chelsea i've applied for altogether, solely because i thought it would be smart if they thought i only wanted to go there. i guess that was a mistake now. i would have put down Goldsmiths and central saint martins aswell if that wasnt the case. How do you have so much more info on the whole ucas stuff than me? lol! whens your mini portfolio due in?

Oh what a shame i know this because of TSR , open days and more google search
I applied for goldsmith and CSM too but if i was you i would email them and ask them you will definitley not get equal consideration but might be considered none the less, plus chelsea havent asked for a mini portfolio did they ask you but goldsmith and CSM did. (CSM deadline for all applicants is 24th of jan so if your really keen maybe you can send your other choices BUT email them first.

Adding more choices

If you originally applied to fewer than five choices, you can add more choices as long as you have not accepted or declined your offers. You can add any further choices until 30 June. You can add new courses in Track.

SO DO IT ASAP if you want to add more choices

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges

hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest