The Student Room Group

What is the most beautiful and thought-provoking quote?

To you? One for me is:

We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.

- Shakespeare

Scroll to see replies

We will hang you,
Never fear,
Most politely,
Most politely.

William Gilbert
Life's s*** and then you die.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'- churchill.
Reply 4
The end monologue of American Beauty always stops me for a minute:

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined our street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
Reply 5
Rah-rah, Oh, lala.
YOU SHALL NOT PASS! - Albus Dumbledore

James. James Bond - James Bond

Eighty-eight kilometres per hour! - Doc Emmet Brown

IT'S MORE THAN NINE THOUUUUUSANNNNND - DragonBall Z
(edited 13 years ago)
"I'm sick of these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane!!!"
Reply 8
Peace is on the way; by the sword they say - Akala
Reply 9
My fellow Americans...

George W. Bush.
"May the bridges I burn light the way"

May I add, it's humiliating that most of the posts above regard that rubbish as beautiful and thought provoking!

Neg rep! : What can I say, democracy fails when most people are idiots!
(edited 13 years ago)
"oh c**k" - James May
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
YOU SHALL NOT PASS! - Albus Dumbledore

That's Gandalf, not Dumbledore... :nothing:
I don't really have a favourite one, so heres some I like :smile:

"The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning" - Bruce Lee.

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tzu.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

"We don't see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." - Anonymous.

Funny, but when you're near me I'm in the mood for love.

Happiness does not notice the passing of time.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi

Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching

Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
—Will Rogers

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."?--Aristotle

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."?--Helen Keller

Abraham Lincoln: The Almighty has his own purposes.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to

Whenever you feel like giving up, remember what kept you going in the first place

‘Love is like a Rubix Cube, there are countless numbers of wrong twists and turns, but when you get it right, it looks perfect no matter what way you look at it’

Don’t be pushed by your problems, be lead by your dreams

Love isnt what makes the world go round, it what makes the ride worth while

Woman, without her man, is nothing.
Woman; without her, man is nothing

The power of imagination makes us infinite.

Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile.

:awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
I’m not frightened. I’m not frightened of anything. The more I suffer, the more I’ll love. Danger will only increase my love, it will sharpen it, it will give it spice. I’ll be the only angel you need. You will leave life even more beautiful than you entered it - Intrigue and love, Schiller
Reply 15
"Knowledge exists potentially in the human soul like the seed in the soil; by learning the potential becomes actual."
Imam Al-Ghazali

The above
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

- Hassan-i Sabbah. The very last words of the legendary leader of the Order of Assassins.

This is by far the best and deepest quote I have every come across.

This one quote is the root of epistemology, and sums up that entire branch of philosophy itself in six simple words.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I count that Eminem parody as a quote. :pierre:

It was a masterpiece.
Inb4 Marilyn Monroe

:ahee:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending