The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzie2
There are so many new players here I recommend they find you all add each other and play together to make it more fun. The game tends to be more fun when you play with other people who you know more than the randoms in the game :smile:

Shutup meanie, ozzie, lol.
Original post by AngelPhys
Shutup meanie, ozzie, lol.

Nah you're alright kid

Just played a game with new sona, she kinda seems the same, her dmg is still pretty strong with Q + Power chord and managed to zone their adc out pretty well which gave our caitlyn a huge cs lead. Too bad she didn't do too much in teamfights, she tended to get caught out and we had to fight 4v5, but luckily we got a few good engages on them and managed to win after repeatedly being pushed in to our base. Although, my crescendos sucked that game (only managed to catch 1-2 people in it, gonna need some practice :tongue: )
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ozzie2
Nah you're alright kid

Just played a game with new sona, she kinda seems the same, her dmg is still pretty strong with Q + Power chord and managed to zone their adc out pretty well which gave our caitlyn a huge cs lead. Too bad she didn't do too much in teamfights, she tended to get caught out and we had to fight 4v5, but luckily we got a few good engages on them and managed to win after repeatedly being pushed in to our base. Although, my crescendos sucked that game (only managed to catch 1-2 people in it, gonna need some practice :tongue: )

Yeaa... No idea. Lol.
Original post by The Gray Fox
Did a ranked game as Blitz. We are about to win when Ryze goes AFK. Unfortunately I'm a tanky support so I can't carry at this point. In addition my team are bad and do less damage than me even though they have gone full offensive. This game sometimes.

Welcome to LoL, a team game where if you want to win you have to be so much better than enemies that you can solo carry.
Why can no one play the ADC role? I know there are people who are good at the ADC role but they are always on the enemy team. I can usually tell immediately who is the better ADC in a game, and it is always the enemy one.

I've seen people do Bronze to Diamond streams and in none of their games do they have an ADC as bad as mine. I understand people have bad games but these people are beyond terrible. The enemy ADC moves between autos but mine just stands there and gets hit. I can't carry when I have no gold and the enemy laner's are fed because of my teammate's incompetence.

Does anyone get these people on their team on a gamely basis?

Not in gold :sexface:

It's statistically impossible for you to constantly get the 'bad' adc, so either you aren't capitalising on the enemy as a support, or your bad players simply tend to be in other roles. Plus there's a phenomenon where humans remember things happening a certain way, but not another. For example you'd notice a really bad adc, but you'd pay less attention to an average or good adc because you're too busy winning. Plus when the enemy adc is bad you'll attribute your success to you being skilled, rather than them sucking :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Architecture-er
Plus there's a phenomenon where humans remember things happening a certain way, but not another. For example you'd notice a really bad adc, but you'd pay less attention to an average or good adc because you're too busy winning. Plus when the enemy adc is bad you'll attribute your success to you being skilled, rather than them sucking :wink:

As a phenomenon, I can confirm dis is true
Also it is not 'statistically impossible'. Statistically the enemy should get more AFKs than me yet the AFKs on my team heavily outweighs the AFKs on the enemy team by a considerable margin.

You have no statistics to back up that belief though, I would be very surprised if the number of afk's you have on your team is that much different from your opponent's.
I have yet to see an ADC who can play better at the role than I can.

This is the sort of attitude that's holding you back tbh
Original post by Architecture-er
You have no statistics to back up that belief though, I would be very surprised if the number of afk's you have on your team is that much different from your opponent's.

Well in my last 3 games alone I had 2 AFKs and 2 intentional feeders.

I will keep track of AFKs from now on and we'll see whether I get more AFks or not.
Where is the page of IGn's?
Original post by AR_95
Where is the page of IGn's?

There's a link in the OP of the thread :smile:

EDIT: it could do with updating and sorting though, I can use my vast wiki skills in a month or so to bring it to being the best :tongue:
I just realised how i haven't posted in this thread for a couple of weeks (or played lol for that time either, thinking about it), but i just played my first lol game in 2 weeks today and I definitely feel as if I'm not in my prime at the moment, so it is true taking a break makes your performance drop, and i also don't see me getting much league time for another week so, I may be wood 5 standard by the time I get back into 24/7 league.
I tried going triforce vayne yesterday. It was my first item and I decided to max

I went Tri + IE + BT and I was absolutely dominating :ahee:

It really makes the proc on the W hurt if you combine it with the sheen thing on the TRi with your Q and all the flat damage you have with IE + BT ( I was going for a last whisper next)
Original post by AR_95
I tried going triforce vayne yesterday. It was my first item and I decided to max

I went Tri + IE + BT and I was absolutely dominating :ahee:

It really makes the proc on the W hurt if you combine it with the sheen thing on the TRi with your Q and all the flat damage you have with IE + BT ( I was going for a last whisper next)

You still played Vayne.

I queue dodge when I have Vayne on my team, unless I am jungle in which case I babysit like mad.

I just won a game where I had a Leona who didn't want to sup (she was actually quite decent later on) and I pretty much single handedly owned vayne and thresh in lane.

I have only ever met one Vayne who seemed to be able to farm and trade in lane against me. Maybe vayne if they picked adc already and didn't pick Cait.
Original post by SarcasticMel
You still played Vayne.

I queue dodge when I have Vayne on my team, unless I am jungle in which case I babysit like mad.

I just won a game where I had a Leona who didn't want to sup (she was actually quite decent later on) and I pretty much single handedly owned vayne and thresh in lane.

I have only ever met one Vayne who seemed to be able to farm and trade in lane against me. Maybe vayne if they picked adc already and didn't pick Cait.

What are you trying to say lol
I some how managed to get a penta with Brand today :ahee:

No idea how I did. We were playing aram then all of a sudden I realised it said " quadra kill" and i was like oooh sheeit

Still though, nothing will surpass my 1v5 Ryze penta :pierre:
Original post by SarcasticMel
You still played Vayne.

Damn that ego :P

If you're going to go as far as dodging whenever someone picks vayne you should at least lolking/op.gg them to see their stats. Could be Gosu :tongue:

Is that because you do the default thing of picking cait when you see they have vayne? My vayne is not very good but hearing that makes me say "1vs1 me scrub" :lol:
That said did win the vayne/blitz into ashe/braum matchup recently, but the range difference is only 50 for that in ashe's favour, plus blitz applied decent pressure and a good gank from olaf.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

If you're going to go as far as dodging whenever someone picks vayne you should at least lolking/op.gg them to see their stats. Could be Gosu :tongue:

Is that because you do the default thing of picking cait when you see they have vayne? My vayne is not very good but hearing that makes me say "1vs1 me scrub" :lol:
That said did win the vayne/blitz into ashe/braum matchup recently, but the range difference is only 50 for that in ashe's favour, plus blitz applied decent pressure and a good gank from olaf.

I sometimes dodge when I see an Ashe. She has like the highest skill cap and no one can play her.
I sometimes dodge when I see an Ashe. She has like the highest skill cap and no one can play her.

:lol:

I can't remember if I've ever seen an Ashe in ranked, but then again I don't really play much ranked :nah:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

I am of the firm opinion that if you were that good mechanically and position wise with Vayne, you would at the very least be diamond. And if you are not, you are going to fail horribly unless enemy adc and sup are just trash. Like sure if you are a better player you can go even or even win lane and then be better mid/late. But if you are better you can pick a better early game adc and snowball hard.

The funny thing was, I checked the enemy Vayne during loading. He had insane win rates and kda with adc. 71% winrate cait, 60% even vayne when vayne has 6th lowest overall winrate, a whopping 75% with jinx and 67% with lucian.

And yet even without a harassing sup, I made him look like he was two tiers below me.

Vayne is a late game adc. You should never let the game get to late game if you want to win. I was losing this game real bad - but the enemy could not or did not know how to finish. One bad fight we get 4 kills and baron and after picking off two more we just end.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest