The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

tfw you carry team hard as renekton but they have tristana and teamwork late game so you get rekt
Original post by thatgr
tfw you carry team hard as renekton but they have tristana and teamwork late game so you get rekt

Marin is that you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Marin is that you

Posted from TSR Mobile

dats me

just started playing gangplank again and more nerfs for him soon ffs
Original post by thatgr

i deserf challenjour but mi tems r alwais feri noobie and i cxn't even carry them get me a st@rbucks rn
FIRST PENTA BOYS
gangplank op
Don't play this game anyone, it will ruin your life.
Just learnt how to deny in LoL:awesome::colone::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
last day of season demoted to silver 4
lose 3 games in a row with gangplank, first game had a 0% winrate unranked ashe duo bot with 40% winrate blitz, next 2 just had toxic teams thanks rito
Original post by thatgr
lose 3 games in a row with gangplank, first game had a 0% winrate unranked ashe duo bot with 40% winrate blitz, next 2 just had toxic teams thanks rito

I got demoted 2 divisions for being abroad. :cry:

P.S. You do know that matchmaking is random? It's all luck and it affects everyone. That said, if you're better than your rank, you should have more games won than lost even if your teammates aren't so great. :tongue:
Original post by Quick-use
I got demoted 2 divisions for being abroad. :cry:

P.S. You do know that matchmaking is random? It's all luck and it affects everyone. That said, if you're better than your rank, you should have more games won than lost even if your teammates aren't so great. :tongue:

Noob :colone:
Original post by thatgr

play morg mid trust me it was the **** when i was in silver ... OH AND KAYLE AND ANNIE <3
Original post by HarunH1
play morg mid trust me it was the **** when i was in silver ... OH AND KAYLE AND ANNIE <3

For me, I think Silver was mainly Annie/Kayle mid or Twitch/Draven ADC if I remember correctly! And, I used top Rengar to get out of Bronze. Nostalgia... :moon:

Original post by zhang599
Noob :colone:

:cry:
I'm level 21, still a bit of a noob but I am looking to do 1v1s every now and then. I will probably play Quinn, LeBlanc, Corki, Veigar or Cho'gath. Or supp v supp, like Kayle vs Morgana. :biggrin:
Original post by MrMackyTv
I'm level 21, still a bit of a noob but I am looking to do 1v1s every now and then. I will probably play Quinn, LeBlanc, Corki, Veigar or Cho'gath. Or supp v supp, like Kayle vs Morgana. :biggrin:

I don't play much anymore but up for some 1vs1s (cho'gath is 1 of my 2 ranks 5s, love him!)
That and I wouldn't call Kayle a support (mainly since as an ad main I like my supports to do things pre-6...) Nice lore reference though...

On another note was suprised that first game back after a few weeks didn't feel too rusty. Thunderlords seems to be the op **** now and played OP mf but pleased to get a penta.. even if we lost #teemotopdoesnothing #howdoessomeonemissamumuult FeelsBadMan
level 21

supp

Kayle

Checks out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I don't play much anymore but up for some 1vs1s (cho'gath is 1 of my 2 ranks 5s, love him!)
That and I wouldn't call Kayle a support (mainly since as an ad main I like my supports to do things pre-6...) Nice lore reference though...

On another note was suprised that first game back after a few weeks didn't feel too rusty. Thunderlords seems to be the op **** now and played OP mf but pleased to get a penta.. even if we lost #teemotopdoesnothing #howdoessomeonemissamumuult FeelsBadMan

Ha you noticed the lore reference. Two sisters going against each other. I think Morgana would win, she has a snare and she has a good AoE ability. What do you think?

Omg, thunderlords is OP. I played top lane with Quinn and what I'm starting to notice is that top is broken. You got Illaoi there and you got noobs who have two top (that was the match I had with Quinn and I still wrecked them). I don't really like playing top anymore, so thats why I usually go mid or adc/supp. I haven't jungled yet, I might try that out with Quinn or Cho cho. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Ha you noticed the lore reference. Two sisters going against each other. I think Morgana would win, she has a snare and she has a good AoE ability. What do you think?

Omg, thunderlords is OP. I played top lane with Quinn and what I'm starting to notice is that top is broken. You got Illaoi there and you got noobs who have two top (that was the match I had with Quinn and I still wrecked them). I don't really like playing top anymore, so thats why I usually go mid or adc/supp. I haven't jungled yet, I might try that out with Quinn or Cho cho. :smile:

I love playing top when I smurf. I find it to be the most snowball-iest lane :smile: Plus, top lane champs can be quite fun!

When I smurf and I want have fun/snowball, I usually go top Rengar, Akali or Diana.

If I'm smurfing and super tryharding to carry games, I play top Irelia or J4!

I have other champs I can play top too. It's strange, but top was always my weakest lane but because I used to play it exclusively when smurfing, it's become one of my stronger lanes (I think).
Original post by Quick-use
I love playing top when I smurf. I find it to be the most snowball-iest lane :smile: Plus, top lane champs can be quite fun!

When I smurf and I want have fun/snowball, I usually go top Rengar, Akali or Diana.

If I'm smurfing and super tryharding to carry games, I play top Irelia or J4!

I have other champs I can play top too. It's strange, but top was always my weakest lane but because I used to play it exclusively when smurfing, it's become one of my stronger lanes (I think).

Same here. It can be quite fun (I don't smurf though) but it's annoying when you call top and someone instalocks or comes top with you despite it being a solo lane. Top is a farmfest anyways so... lol

I think my weakest lane is bot. If I am adc my support probably just farms and doesn't let me farm or I don't have a support at all. If I am support my adc is either really good a carries the game or really bad and blames it on me... I don't know why I am always caught up with bad teams. Usually my league experience is positive, even if we lose sometimes it is a good match and it lasts for a long time.

How are you at jungling? If you have jungled, you got any tips you can give to the noob? :tongue:
Same here. It can be quite fun (I don't smurf though) but it's annoying when you call top and someone instalocks or comes top with you despite it being a solo lane. Top is a farmfest anyways so... lol

I think my weakest lane is bot. If I am adc my support probably just farms and doesn't let me farm or I don't have a support at all. If I am support my adc is either really good a carries the game or really bad and blames it on me... I don't know why I am always caught up with bad teams. Usually my league experience is positive, even if we lose sometimes it is a good match and it lasts for a long time.

How are you at jungling? If you have jungled, you got any tips you can give to the noob? :tongue:

You get a lot of very bad players who can be very toxic. These are people you 100% ignore and get on with your own game.

Bot lane main checking in - as adc, the two main things you need to know for lane is how to farm and how to trade. Farming is simple, but can be quite difficult. Creep gets low, hit it. Gain gold! Problem is, if you don't know how much damage you do, you can sliver creeps quite often. My biggest tip for last hitting is to watch what your own creeps are attacking - if you have 5 ranged creeps that've piled up and are going ham on some poor creep, you need to watch their particles so that you can time your attack with when the creeps get it low, and before they kill it.

For the supp who tries to farm: you can ask him nicely to please stop
You can see if he has relic shield and just doesn't understand how it works
And last option: just play assuming your supp will try to take the farm. If you see him going for a creep he can't last hit, be ready to follow up. As the adc, you'll pack more damage too, so after getting pickaxe or bf you can last hit earlier than he can, and keep your farm that way.
The hardest part of playing adc, by far, is teamfighting. I have 700 games of League and I still don't think I ever do max dps in teamfights. It's a tricky business of positioning and playing around cooldowns.

As a supp, it depends on what your champ is. You need to understand what your champ's role in a comp is to play it well. You can't play Janna like a pick champ, you can't play Blitzcrank as a disengage support. You need to understand your role and matchup to know what you should be doing - I think that's part of what makes support tricky. I suck at Soraka because I play pick, tank and disengage supports. I just can't sit in backline and heal people during teamfights.

Jungling: first noob tip is to learn how to efficiently clear. If your jungler uses a lot of mana, you can start Gromp -> Blue -> Wolves -> Red -> Krugs; if you have a good AD jungler, then starting Krugs -> Red -> Wolves -> Gromp/Blue -> Blue/Gromp is a good first clear.

You'll find at first that you'll only be able to do gromp and blue before having to back to base to finish your clear later. But once you get good at it, you'll be able to do a full clear on almost all junglers the first time around! Clearing is all about killing the camp as fast as you can, while taking as little damage as you can. How you do this depends on your jungler and you should really just look up guides per champ to learn their "combos" and tips.

Something unique about the jungler is that you can afford to look at your minimap 24/7 without missing much on your own screen since you're afk farming camps. You have three things to think about as a jungler:
1. Farming up
2. Snowballing lanes
3. Setting the other jungler behind.

When to farm, when to counterjungle, when to gank are hard decisions to make. IMO, your default mode should be farming, and while you're doing that, look for gankable lanes. The prime example of a gankable lane is:

1. Pushed up to your tower - this means they're far away from the safety of their own turret. It's very rarely worth ganking a lane that has someone stuck under their own turret, unless you can pull off a tower dive.
2. Is an immobile champ - Viktor mid keeps pushing up? Punish him. Ashe adc keeps shoving the wave? Punish her. LeBlanc mid is shoved up to the tower? LOL GOOD LUCK CATCHING HER.
3. Has summoners down. A lane without flash is so much easier to gank as it limits their escape potential. Keep in mind, if you gank a lane and they burn their flash to get away from you, then that's a successful gank! After that, flash is down for 5 minutes, which leaves them super vulnerable!
4. Raging in all chat. Tilt them even more by continually ganking. :wink:
5. Has healthy allies. You can't gank bot if your adc is on 5hp and you can't solo kill their carry. You baiting your adc to come fight will likely just get you both killed!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

On this note, I had the pleasure of playing with Volibear supp and Sivir mid in a ranked game recently. Vs Cait/Sona lane. I actually managed to come out of lane 2/0/1 and even on farm thanks to some early jungle pressure, but the volibear was literally useless the entire lane. Only landed 1 throw that didn't even result in a kill in the end lol.

Sivir chose Sivir mid cos she was in her promos and thought it'd counter Annie smh.

Quick Reply

Latest