The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Anyone still up watching IPL4? The crowd is hilarious chanting for more riven quotes :P
To gauge the waters, did anyone use to play runescape?

Paddy's got me interested again (damn his eyes!).. not 'too' interested, just interested enough to have a hankering to do some random hard crap for F2P's... :colone:
Original post by Architecture-er

Paddy's got me interested again (damn his eyes!).. not 'too' interested, just interested enough to have a hankering to do some random hard crap for F2P's... :colone:

Yeah, I used to play Runescape....who wants to know :ninja:

:colone:

It was great fun, and it was my introduction to mmos. Tbh, it was probably the best mmo I've played Lol (SWTOR disappointed me greatly)

I would like to clarify that I have not played it for as long as he hasn't - we were just discussing it and it lit a fire :tongue:
Original post by paddy__power
I would like to clarify that I have not played it for as long as he hasn't - we were just discussing it and it lit a fire :tongue:

Bull-poop, we all know you play it daily :colone:
Bull-poop, we all know you play it daily :colone:

Definitely. Whenever I have free time between playing pong and keeping my tamagotchi running.
Just tried Ziggs. I feel like he could be a really strong choice with some practice. I beat Kat in mid just about and I can imagine squishy champs like Annie would be easy.
Reply 1267

Used to play it quite a lot a while ago, but development changed hands like 3 years ago now and it's been spiralling out of control since. It's essentially a glorified facebook game now. So many shallow hooks like getting a spin on a roulette wheel for a prize if you log in once a day, and if you don't pay the subscription, it's literally saturated with "You can only do this if you're a member, sign up now!".
Great shame since Jagex used to be a shining example of what a game developer should be like :frown:

e: Just found out Andrew Gower isn't even listed in the game credits anymore :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Just tried Ziggs. I feel like he could be a really strong choice with some practice. I beat Kat in mid just about and I can imagine squishy champs like Annie would be easy.

:hmmm:
Original post by Spungo
Used to play it quite a lot a while ago, but development changed hands like 3 years ago now and it's been spiralling out of control since. It's essentially a glorified facebook game now. So many shallow hooks like getting a spin on a roulette wheel for a prize if you log in once a day, and if you don't pay the subscription, it's literally saturated with "You can only do this if you're a member, sign up now!".
Great shame since Jagex used to be a shining example of what a game developer should be like :frown:

e: Just found out Andrew Gower isn't even listed in the game credits anymore :/

Yeah that Squeal of Fortune made me so :mad: ....

I'm hoping to get a look at the clan castle things though, might be good fun! They've brought out a fair amount since I stopped around 5 years ago, not as much as P2P MMO's, but still not too bad
Reply 1270
Oh god.. oh mmm.. oh that's it, right there Ryze, right there.. oh feels so good. :sexface:
:hmmm:

L2p noob. Up for some games? Been learning Kennen.
I really wish the average player of the game was above the age of 12. :moon:
Free week:

GRAGAS
MALPHITE
MF
VEIGAR
SHEN
SIVIR
XIN
ANNIE
YORICK
LULU
Original post by cambo211
Free week:

GRAGAS
MALPHITE
MF
VEIGAR
SHEN
SIVIR
XIN
ANNIE
YORICK
LULU

Happy to try Xin, Yorick and Shen - I own all the others I think.
Reply 1275
I really wish the average player of the game was above the age of 12. :moon:

You only need 30% of the LoL population to be ragers for 96% of your games to have at least one person filling the chat with insults, flames and blames.
Can't decide whether LoL actually has a disproportionate number of those types or whether it's just the style of gameplay that exaggerates it.
Original post by Spungo
You only need 30% of the LoL population to be ragers for 96% of your games to have at least one person filling the chat with insults, flames and blames.
Can't decide whether LoL actually has a disproportionate number of those types or whether it's just the style of gameplay that exaggerates it.

They are just so stupid though. Calling me a noob when my score is much better than theirs :/
They are just so stupid though. Calling me a noob when my score is much better than theirs :/

I hate it when people do that -.- And I also hate when you say specifically that you're going solo top teemo, and you lock in, then a Xin Zhao locks with Tele Exhaust, and you have to go support teemo instead (which is surprisingly good!).
Original post by Quornslice
I hate it when people do that -.- And I also hate when you say specifically that you're going solo top teemo, and you lock in, then a Xin Zhao locks with Tele Exhaust, and you have to go support teemo instead (which is surprisingly good!).

I refuse. I don't mind losing at all so if someone is trying to bully their way into getting what they want I ensure it doesn't happen :h: In draft/ranked everyone needs to be flexible though.

I had one game where a jungle Nunu (who was terrible) and a Pantheon both started intentionally feeding because "the rest of the team are noobs" bearing in mind that me and Vayne in our lane both had better scores than Nunu (Vayne was like 9/1/8 and I was 2/2/13 or something). These people are just hilarious. My favourite thing to do with these people is quickly check their match history and quote it to everyone in the match as it is almost always bad and it amuses me :h:

I think later I'm going to try AD Ahri mid just for the lols.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1279
I refuse. I don't mind losing at all so if someone is trying to bully their way into getting what they want I ensure it doesn't happen :h: In draft/ranked everyone needs to be flexible though.

I had one game where a jungle Nunu (who was terrible) and a Pantheon both started intentionally feeding because "the rest of the team are noobs" bearing in mind that me and Vayne in our lane both had better scores than Nunu (Vayne was like 9/1/8 and I was 2/2/13 or something). These people are just hilarious. My favourite thing to do with these people is quickly check their match history and quote it to everyone in the match as it is almost always bad and it amuses me :h:

I think later I'm going to try AD Ahri mid just for the lols.

what do you mean by "feeding" and what does it mean to "forest" or to "jungle"

Quick Reply

Latest