The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra

Anyone know whether medicine, clinical sciences, midwifery or nursing will be up to apply for through UCAS Extra??

Medicine - no.

Others - maybe. Depends where.
Reply 2
You can see what courses were available in Extra last year here.
Reply 3
How about biomedical sciences?

Its soo annoying having to wait until Friday to find out!! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Tesphena
You can see what courses were available in Extra last year here.

hey do u no hw to find out what courses were in clearing last yr. : )
Reply 5
Original post by D*Star
hey do u no hw to find out what courses were in clearing last yr. : )

This isn't an exclusive list but its all I could find:

http://www.hotcourses.com/clearing-2010/16180339/index.html
Reply 6
Original post by Tesphena
This isn't an exclusive list but its all I could find:

http://www.hotcourses.com/clearing-2010/16180339/index.html

thank you ill give it a go. i was just wondering about pharmacy.
Reply 7
i was just wondering, according to my guidance teacher, you can use extra even if you've only got one unsuccessful, is this true?
Reply 8
Original post by CharlieTH
i was just wondering, according to my guidance teacher, you can use extra even if you've only got one unsuccessful, is this true?

u have got to decline all ur other unis then. because extra is only for poeple with no offers or u have declined all ur offers.
Reply 9
Original post by CharlieTH
No. See Extra.
Reply 10
Anyone know about Extra and Clearing for Midwifery? I'm desperate to get in!!!
Reply 11
Original post by -Luce

Original post by -Luce
Anyone know about Extra and Clearing for Midwifery? I'm desperate to get in!!!

Me too!
There won't be anything for midwifery, its soooo oversubscribed :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by doodlemonster
Me too!
There won't be anything for midwifery, its soooo oversubscribed :frown:

There was last year.
Reply 13
Hoping to change to Politics. Any idea on the chances of getting onto a decent course with ABB through Extra?

Looking at Politics & Communication Studies at Liverpool as one potential. Just seen it was available last year so we'll see. No idea on the likelihood of getting a place though?
Reply 14
Hey guys what do you think about biochemistry ?

Do you think one of those unis below will be suitable for extra ??

UCL , York , Edinbourgh ,St andrews,Kings College ,Bristol
Reply 15
Original post by Turkay
Hey guys what do you think about biochemistry ?

Do you think one of those unis below will be suitable for extra ??

UCL , York , Edinbourgh ,St andrews,Kings College ,Bristol
No-one knows.

This thread is pointless, I'm afraid. The lists will be available from Friday (but remember they may include errors, so don't believe everything you see). Whatever might still have been on offer in June last year is absolutely no guide to what might be on offer this year.
Reply 16
Original post by Minerva
No-one knows.

This thread is pointless, I'm afraid. The lists will be available from Friday (but remember they may include errors, so don't believe everything you see). Whatever might still have been on offer in June last year is absolutely no guide to what might be on offer this year.

why do you think like that ?
Reply 17
Original post by Turkay

why do you think like that ?Because (a) there has been a significant increase in application numbers this year (b) many people have been reporting in-year changes in entry requirements - which suggests that unis are under considerable pressure for places and (c) because there is natural variation from year to year. There are some courses that were 'always' in Extra that weren't last year. There were others that had not been in Extra before that were last year. You just cannot be sure that one year will be like another. Particularly given that we are less than 48 hours away from seeing what is there (with all the health warnings I have given, of course) speculation on the basis of what was showing in June last year (which would not include all the options that were in Extra in March) is pointless.
Reply 18
Original post by Minerva
Because (a) there has been a significant increase in application numbers this year (b) many people have been reporting in-year changes in entry requirements - which suggests that unis are under considerable pressure for places and (c) because there is natural variation from year to year. There are some courses that were 'always' in Extra that weren't last year. There were others that had not been in Extra before that were last year. You just cannot be sure that one year will be like another. Particularly given that we are less than 48 hours away from seeing what is there (with all the health warnings I have given, of course) speculation on the basis of what was showing in June last year (which would not include all the options that were in Extra in March) is pointless.

You are right :wink: Thanks dude for your help :smile: Do I need to send E- mail to universities if they have places ? universities that do not receive "enough" amount of offers enter into Extra ?
Reply 19
Original post by Turkay
You are right :wink: Thanks dude for your help :smile: Do I need to send E- mail to universities if they have places ? universities that do not receive "enough" amount of offers enter into Extra ?
See the stickied FAQ at the top of the forum.

Universities receive applications and make offers. If universities have not received enough applications of the standard they require for the number of offers they had planned to make, they will indicate that they are willing to consider further applications from late applicants and/or those applying through the Extra route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending