The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by B-Man.
I am just trying to make sense of why you claim that 'the Jews' use the holocaust card without making any distinction about the ones that do and the ones that don't. Do you not think it is neccessary to make that distinction?

If I had the time and inclination I would maintain that distinction, but quite frankly I do not; so here for the purposes of my denunciation of the "holocaust-industry" I have made a legitimate generalisation.
Original post by righteous
Hah. Bull****. Those greedy Jews there want more and more of Palestine. If they wanted to live in peace they wouldn't be annexing the West Bank.

By the way if you hadn't already noticed this is not just a war over stolen land! (:
Reply 1382
Original post by B-Man.
So 13.2 million Jews use the holocaust for political advantages with the exception of Norman Finklestein?

would just like to point out that 'Righteous' earlier said that there 'are no innocent people' in Israel and they all deserve to suffer rocket fire/suicide bombings.

Really no point 'debating' with people like that to be perfectly honest.
Original post by Balagan
would just like to point out that 'Righteous' earlier said that there 'are no innocent people' in Israel and they all deserve to suffer rocket fire/suicide bombings.

I'd rather not debate with patronising up-themselves Israelis like you either, but sadly here we are.
Reply 1384
If I had the time and inclination I would maintain that distinction, but quite frankly I do not; so here for the purposes of my denunciation of the "holocaust-industry" I have made a legitimate generalisation.

Your generalisation is illegitmate. If you make racist generalisations, be prepared to be called a racist. We can only judge you on your comments and not your thought patterns. And what do you mean you mean you don't have time :s-smilie: You spend practically every hour on the TSR Israel-Palestinian thread; what exactly is eating up your time that you cannot make a simple distincion between 13.2 million people?

That comment reminds of this one racist kid from back in high school. "I ain't got time to be calling dem Pakistani's. I call 'em Pakis; short and sweet"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1385
Hah. Bull****. Those greedy Jews there want more and more of Palestine. If they wanted to live in peace they wouldn't be annexing the West Bank.

"Greedy Jews"

So now you are reverting to a disgraceful racial stereotype of Jewish people and yet you still expect me to believe that you are not an anti-Semite?

And on your final point, as I said, Jews want to live in peace in the Holy Land.
Reply 1386
I'd rather not debate with patronising up-themselves Israelis like you either, but sadly here we are.

if not supporting the murder of innocent civillians makes me a 'patronising up themselves Israeli' then so be it.

At least im not an immoral cretin like yourself.
Original post by B-Man.
That comment reminds of this one racist kid from back in high school. "I ain't got time to be calling dem Pakistani's. I call 'em Pakis; short and sweet"

LOL!
Original post by B-Man.
Your generalisation is illegitmate. If you make racist generalisations, be prepared to be called a racist. We can only judge you on your comments and not your thought patterns. And what do you mean you mean you don't have time :s-smilie: You spend practically every hour on the TSR Israel-Palestinian thread; what exactly is eating up your time that you cannot make a simple distincion between 13.2 million people?

The generalisation was legitimate.

How do I spend every hour on this thread? I've only been on it a few times since the last week or two.

Whatever, remain paranoid.
Original post by Titleist
"Greedy Jews"

So now you are reverting to a disgraceful racial stereotype of Jewish people and yet you still expect me to believe that you are not an anti-Semite?

And on your final point, as I said, Jews want to live in peace in the Holy Land.

Hah, I didn't mean that as a racial stereotype. I said "there", therefore implying that not all Jews are greedy, but instead it is just those Israelis who are greedy. Only a paranoid mind would immediately construe that as racist.

Israeli's are greedy for land. The majority of Israelis are Jews. Make of that what you will, I quite frankly do not care.
Reply 1390
The generalisation was legitimate.

Explain to me how the generalisation of 13.2 million people is legitmate.

Whatever, remain paranoid.

What am I paranoid about?
Reply 1391
Original post by Balagan

This thread really has gone down hill fast. IT used to be genuine debate. Now we have at least two posters calling for the complete annihilation of a state. Frankly there are a number of anti Semites on this thread and its quite shocking to see the amount of ignorance now on display. No wonder Folderol and Jake Pearson are rarely seen here.
Original post by B-Man.
Explain to me how the generalisation of 13.2 million people is legitmate.

What am I paranoid about?

Surely you can figure that out by yourself. Generalising by definition involves speaking in terms of a majority. The majority argument that I constructed is valid.

The majority of Jews do support the "Holocaust Industry", as Finkelstein has termed it, at least implicitly through their support of the continual repetition of the "historic persecution of the Jews" and how they are therefore entitled to special rights due to their previous persecution.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1393
Original post by Aj12
This thread really has gone down hill fast. IT used to be genuine debate. Now we have at least two posters calling for the complete annihilation of a state. Frankly there are a number of anti Semites on this thread and its quite shocking to see the amount of ignorance now on display. No wonder Folderol and Jake Pearson are rarely seen here.

Folderol is gone and Jake Pearson, well even I have to miss him now. Although I am pretty sure 'righteous' is a dupe account of 'Zohaib' tbh.
Original post by Aj12
No wonder Folderol and Jake Pearson are rarely seen here.

I believe they banned themselves before it went downhill, they'd be shocked if they were here I reckon.

Thread should be locked as it has turned into a breading ground for anti-semites and racists!
Reply 1395
Surely you can figure that out by yourself. Generalising by definition involves speaking in terms of a majority. The majority argument that I constructed is valid.

The majority of Jews do support the "Holocaust Industry", as Finkelstein has termed it, at least implicitly through the continual repetition of the "historic persecution of the Jews" and how they are therefore entitled to special rights due to their previous persecution.

OK prove to me that the majority of the 13.2 million Jews use the holocaust card?
Reply 1396
Original post by tehFrance
I believe they banned themselves before it went downhill, they'd be shocked if they were here I reckon.

Thread should be locked as it has turned into a breading ground for anti-semites and racists!

Please, I remember a while back you claimed that the civillians in Gaza deserved to be punished. You are no different.

And it shouldn't be locked. It's the only medium we have on TSR to discuss the conflict.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1397
Original post by Aj12

Yeah the amount of hate and ignorance on display here is quite pathetic really, dont know why I bother coming back to it again and again - I think I need help :s-smilie:
Original post by B-Man.
OK prove to me that the majority of the 13.2 million Jews use the holocaust card?

See...that's what I don't have the time and inclination for.

I could dig up Finkelstein's book "The Holocaust Industry" and find some statistics that he has gathered for you, but I don't have it with me currently. I know for certain that I left it at home.

I suggest you buy it and take on board his alternative perspective.
Reply 1399
Original post by Balagan
Yeah the amount of hate and ignorance on display here is quite pathetic really, dont know why I bother coming back to it again and again - I think I need help :s-smilie:

I never used to post because I always felt the quality of debate was well beyond me but now it seems to have hit an all time low

Latest

Trending

Trending