The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haleem

Im not being serious because England probs wont win but if we do hey ill look back on this moment.
Original post by zainn
Pakistan > SA > India > NZ. FACT.

:facepalm2:

Spoken like a true Pakistan fan.

Whilst they obviously have a chance, if you can't see the flaws in the Pakistan team (overreliance on Afridi, tendency for the pace bowlers to fall apart, shakiness of the upper order, a wicket-keeper who can't catch or bat) then you're seriously deluded. The fact that Pakistan topped the group is testament to how weak the teams are in that group.
Original post by Straight up G

Don't wanna take a chance and break my heart - exaggerated but nearly on that level.

Kay
Reply 1383
Original post by Captain Crash
:facepalm2:

Spoken like a true Pakistan fan.

Whilst they obviously have a chance, if you can't see the flaws in the Pakistan team (overreliance on Afridi, tendency for the pace bowlers to fall apart, shakiness of the upper order, a wicket-keeper who can't catch or bat) then you're seriously deluded. The fact that Pakistan topped the group is testament to how weak the teams are in that group.

I agree with your points although Sri Lanka and Australia are hardly weak now are they.

The difference between group A and B is that in A you have some really really weak teams, whereas in B you don't - even the Minnows are pretty good!
India wtf are yous doing, i dont want Pak to face England :angry:
India losing this match is not the worst thing for them in the grand scheme of things.

If they lose they play Sri Lanka instead of Aus right? I think they'd prefer that, because it's very likely after Australia's loss they'll be on a bit of a rampage.
Reply 1386
WIndies 240 all out :holmes:
India are well back into this game. Looks like it may well be a Windies vs Pak quarter final :smile:
Reply 1388
Captain Crash, you might want to quote my whole post where I did state we have flaws rather than quoting out-of-context. I did not say we were flawless but simply we are the strongest team in the tournament. Even the team that beat us was comprehensively beaten in a series just before the world cup, and pakistan generally step up their game in world cups.

And true point, the other teams are even WEAKER than pakistan hence pakistan are the best team in the world cup. I don't know who you support, I'm assuming England? Well we all know about their over-reliance on Kevin Pietersen who has been average for years now. unfortunately he is now also going to miss the WC.

And yes there is an over-reliance on Afridi because he such a key player; he usually always puts in a performance with the ball and his average definitely doesn't do him justice. However his batting is fragile and one-dimensional but when he does fire there's no-one better as suggested by his world records.

we WILL win this world cup. watch and learn.
Again point proven about Harbhajan. He builds pressure up with economical bowling and the other bowler (in today's case Zaheer) get the wicket. Harbhajan is key for this Indian team.

And Zaheer Khan again, he is such an underrated bowler. With the old ball he is deadly. Carries the Indian bowling unbelievably well. Zaheer has really bowled very well so far in this world cup for India.
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
How did you get so close?! You were like 400-500 behind last night!

Bring it on :colone:

And Raina out :angry:

Master Price got me some points :colone: But I didn't get up early enough today to sort out my team for India-WI :angry:
Again point proven about Harbhajan. He builds pressure up with economical bowling and the other bowler (in today's case Zaheer) get the wicket. Harbhajan is key for this Indian team.

And Zaheer Khan again, he is such an underrated bowler. With the old ball he is deadly. Carries the Indian bowling unbelievably well. Zaheer has really bowled very well so far in this world cup for India.

Yes, very similar to shahid afridi in the first few matches except he took wickets nevertheless it's still vital to have someone like that in the team to keep the run rate down
Original post by Inzamam99
Master Price got me some points :colone: But I didn't get up early enough today to sort out my team for India-WI :angry:

Ah nice one. How many did he get you? Looking back, I should have used Price when Zimbabwe played. Unlcuky about waking up.
Well played India! :h:
Original post by haleem
WIndies 240 all out :holmes:

Not so good there Sherlock.

Tbh, I thought West Indies would get 255, so I beat you this time.
Original post by zainn
Captain Crash, you might want to quote my whole post where I did state we have flaws rather than quoting out-of-context. I did not say we were flawless but simply we are the strongest team in the tournament. Even the team that beat us was comprehensively beaten in a series just before the world cup, and pakistan generally step up their game in world cups.

And true point, the other teams are even WEAKER than pakistan hence pakistan are the best team in the world cup. I don't know who you support, I'm assuming England? Well we all know about their over-reliance on Kevin Pietersen who has been average for years now. unfortunately he is now also going to miss the WC.

And yes there is an over-reliance on Afridi because he such a key player; he usually always puts in a performance with the ball and his average definitely doesn't do him justice. However his batting is fragile and one-dimensional but when he does fire there's no-one better as suggested by his world records.

we WILL win this world cup. watch and learn.

This is wrong. Afridi has done **** all since T20 09. Only his innings vs Sri Lanka last year was any good, and that was the best innings of his career.

England don't and didn't rely on KP at all. To the contrary, they've been a half decent, notice, half decent, ODI side without his input, and getting rid of him is a good thing for England. If anything, they depend on Trott, Morgan, Swann and Broad. One of those is massively in form, one only just got here, one is struggling with the dew but still playing well, and one has gone home.

Glad India won, Pakistan play SL or India in the semis providing we beat WI.
This is wrong. Afridi has done **** all since T20 09. Only his innings vs Sri Lanka last year was any good, and that was the best innings of his career.

England don't and didn't rely on KP at all. To the contrary, they've been a half decent, notice, half decent, ODI side without his input, and getting rid of him is a good thing for England. If anything, they depend on Trott, Morgan, Swann and Broad. One of those is massively in form, one only just got here, one is struggling with the dew but still playing well, and one has gone home.

Don't Pak (if they beat WI, which they should) play the winner of India vs Aus?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2011?template=wcfixtures
Are there any West Indies fans here?

You guys should be pissed, your players are so lazy both physically and mentally :colonhash:
Reply 1398

I don't think you've understood my point, WHEN HE DOES FIRE THERE IS NO-ONE BETTER, I did not say he has and is consistently good which is his weakness. I don't think there's any denying that he can be devastating otherwise he wouldn't have set numerous records.

And England have relied on KP heavily over the last few years hence the reluctance to drop him despite mediocre performances over the past few years. It's also wrong to say England rely on Morgan otherwise he would be in the team ahead of people like Bell.

And I would take either India or SL in the semi-final. India's bowling is mediocre without Zaheer and SL's middle order is fragile.
Ah nice one. How many did he get you? Looking back, I should have used Price when Zimbabwe played. Unlcuky about waking up.

Yeah cheers :colonhash: He got me about 222 I think but don't worry baeta you've opened up another 300+ gap due to me not waking up. Was gonna name Yuvraj as captain as well :emo:

Latest