University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Which nottingham club is best and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
l1ncs
isis doesnt exist anymore, its called senoritas and is a strip club

Yes it does, they ran a trial student night right at the end of the summer term which was so successful that it's now a permanent wednesday night fixture.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
l1ncs
isis doesnt exist anymore, its called senoritas and is a strip club

Yes it does.

Isis the club is downstairs, and Senoritas the Table Dancing Club is upstairs.
Isis also has a Toga Party this wednesday. I cant believe it, i went to the Works week before last and thought it was awesome and probably the best club after Oceana, whereas media is dreadful, small and crowded with a tiny dance floor. Not been to Isis or Mode tho. I also liked Ocean when i went a few Fridays ago.
Reply 23
I Love Oceana, but your favourite club depends a lot on your timetable - if you have 9am seminars on a Tuesday morning, your not going to go to the Oceana student night on mondays as much.
Reply 24
HuStu are having a pre-isis toga session in the bar. I can't go out this work due to the lack of money and an excessive amount of work. Once everything is done next week i'm going to have a great time, my friends and i are going to go around the bars in town. I haven't really done that yet, just drunk at the bar and then gone straight to a club.

I heard that media's music was really good, much more dance than the typical studenty place? xx
Reply 25
secrets133
I Love Oceana, but your favourite club depends a lot on your timetable - if you have 9am seminars on a Tuesday morning, your not going to go to the Oceana student night on mondays as much.

I have 9 am every morning, doesn't stop me :biggrin:
see i just wouldnt wake up... overslept lunch today... oh dear
Yeh same, which is why iv only been to oceana twice and that was during the first few weeks. Plus as its a 2 hr lecture on Jubilee it means i have to be up before 8am to get there for 9.
Reply 28
i'm glad when i come back to nottingham the decent clubs wont be full of nottingham students. :smile: i cantbelieve people actually go, let alone like, isis and ocean. :/
Reply 29
its the company not the place
I like going round the bars best :smile:
hey mizzy87 sorry for invading the post, but can you tell me about the urban scene?
Reply 32
Alter Ego
its the company not the place

true to some extent, but it seems stereotypical uni students dont actually like good music, they go out with good company but listen to pure ***** at clubs which are generically bad.
Reply 33
I know a lot of the music i dance to is bad, but i don't take it too seriously and i have a good time. That's all that matters to me. xx
I like Isis :biggrin:
Reply 35
I tend to choose from: Obsessions on a Monday or Cookie Club Wednesday or Rock City Saturday.
All good if you're into rock/metal/punk/industrial etc side of music
Reply 36
What is industrial? xx
Reply 37
mousey
What is industrial? xx

Kids today!:rolleyes: :p:

Think along the lines of Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Meat Beat Manifesto, Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Laibach, Nitzer Ebb, Rammstein etc.

Beats the crap out of any of the 'R&B' ***** around these days.:biggrin:
Reply 38
I've only heard of Rammstein out of all of those :biggrin:
a friend from my block likes industrial music- and as everyone else has dubbed it "the washing machine", it does sound like one and makes the room vibrate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending