The Student Room Group

Is the BN still NHS funded in Wales?

Hi - I'm looking to apply for 2012 entry to either Bangor or Swansea for the BN - in adult nursing , I know I'm eligible for the 6K bursary, is that to cover my fees as well?

As I understood it, I was given the bursary to cover my living costs e.g. food and rent - then the actual 9K fees for 3 years for the course were paid for by the NHS.

Is this still the case? Was it ever the case? or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick - does it make a difference that I'll be in wales where fee's aren't going up?

Thanks
Original post by lacelicker
Hi - I'm looking to apply for 2012 entry to either Bangor or Swansea for the BN - in adult nursing , I know I'm eligible for the 6K bursary, is that to cover my fees as well?

As I understood it, I was given the bursary to cover my living costs e.g. food and rent - then the actual 9K fees for 3 years for the course were paid for by the NHS.

Is this still the case? Was it ever the case? or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick - does it make a difference that I'll be in wales where fee's aren't going up?

Thanks

The NHS are currently reviewing their funding for all courses in the UK starting in 2012, so the only thing you can do is wait and see.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
The NHS are currently reviewing their funding for all courses in the UK starting in 2012, so the only thing you can do is wait and see.

alright then thanks - if only I was a year younger eh!

Where will I find the information when it is decided on?
Original post by lacelicker
alright then thanks - if only I was a year younger eh!

Where will I find the information when it is decided on?

When you've applied, the university website will probably say, or send you a letter about how it is funded. You can also check the NHS bursary website for updates.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
When you've applied, the university website will probably say, or send you a letter about how it is funded. You can also check the NHS bursary website for updates.

Alright then thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest