The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think they are worse but they are not good. They contain huge amounts of sodium.
Reply 41
mainly because of the high levels of aspartame. studies have shown that diet carbonated drinks with aspartame like diet coke increase the appetite for some, therefore helping cause obesity which kinda defeats the point of the 'diet' label on the drink, not to mention the long term side effects of it. caffeine is another reason too, and all the crappy artificial contents. then again i hate all carbonated drinks like that. as im sure you are aware of they contain phosphorus and a high intake of it without sufficient calcium in the diet can promote the loss of bone. so lets see... risks of cancer, obesity, osteoporosis, plus the harmful effects of too much caffeine. then people say that diet coke doesnt rot your teeth because it has no sugar which is crap because the chemicals contained in it do. they even contain phosphoric acid, which is also used as a rust remover! enough said. i could go on forever. and another thing DIET COKE DOES HAVE CALORIES!
Reply 42
i wasnt suggesting drinking those low cal beers they do taste like s**t as a lot of people have mentioned i would personally suggest just drinking less if you want to.
Reply 43
Yes diet coke does have calories but not many.

Yes its common knowledge that dietcoke is worse as far as chemicals but in terms of 'calories' which is what we were asked about it is better.(best is no caffiene diet coke as caffine slows ur motabolism)

I have read alot of things saying vodka is 53 calories - this makes me happier than ninety plus if ur drinking to get drunk its high alcohol means u can do this quiker thus drink less thus less calories.

Yes no drinking is better but thats just not so much fun now is it :wink:
Reply 44
bis432
mainly because of the high levels of aspartame. studies have shown that diet carbonated drinks with aspartame like diet coke increase the appetite for some, therefore helping cause obesity which kinda defeats the point of the 'diet' label on the drink, not to mention the long term side effects of it. caffeine is another reason too, and all the crappy artificial contents. then again i hate all carbonated drinks like that. as im sure you are aware of they contain phosphorus and a high intake of it without sufficient calcium in the diet can promote the loss of bone. so lets see... risks of cancer, obesity, osteoporosis, plus the harmful effects of too much caffeine. then people say that diet coke doesnt rot your teeth because it has no sugar which is crap because the chemicals contained in it do. they even contain phosphoric acid, which is also used as a rust remover! enough said. i could go on forever. and another thing DIET COKE DOES HAVE CALORIES!

Yeh, about 1 calorie per 100ml, a stark contrast to the 60calories per 100ml that regular coke offers.

As I said, regular coke contains all of what diet coke contains and has the added nice-ity of lots of sugar.

As already said, aspartame is found in many many things and I'm almost certain nobodies diet is aspartame-free.
Reply 45
regular coke doesnt contain all of what diet coke contains. and yeah sure nobody has a diet aspartame free but diet coke contains alot more than regular coke and other stuff so its best to avoid it. i personally would rather risk a few extra real calories over a cancer causing, completely artificial, awful tasting load of crap that will increase my appetite causing me to put on more weight. then again i wouldnt drink either.

(best is no caffiene diet coke as caffine slows ur motabolism)

you think caffeine slows down your metabolism?
a single vodka and diet coke is around 55 calories and it's pretty much the lowest you can get.
Reply 47
jameso88
i thought a pint of guinness was something like 500 cals, and yes a roast dinner will be way more than 170 cals.
Michelob low carb beer is probably the one your thinking of and you can also get coors light, these are the main "healthy" beers.

holy.... so i had 18 ish roast dinners last night.... that can't be right??
Reply 48
its not..
Reply 49
foxo
I'm well aware a roast dinner is over 170 calories. The bloody Yorkshire pudding by itself is probably over 170 calories.

A pint of Guinness apparently has 170 calories, draught has 210 calories.

This is making me far too hungry...
... Mmm, a roast dinner WITH a Guiness. Bliss!
Reply 50
foxo
Drink neat vodka, if you don't mind being called an alcoholic.

Yeah, i do...
Cobra beer - the lower cal, lower carb version. :tongue:
Reply 52
my fav is vodka blackcurrant and either soda OR diet coke (trust me both make for a nice drinkXXX)
Bacardi is made from mollasses, whish comes from sugar cane. You can taste how sweet it is. I'd be surprised if it is that low calorie. Def start drinking g+t :smile:
Reply 54
You shudnt worry bot all dat stuff.AS long as ure doin it socially nd not evry day its no problem.Jus lay off d lagers!:tsr2:
Champagne is the lowest by miles!
Champagne's pretty good! But what the hell, you have to indulge every once in a while. I'm not giving up my malibu for anyone :smile:
Reply 57
luckylaura05
whats the lowest calorie alcoholic drink about? i guess its gonna be diet coke and something... any others?
xxx

the clearest ones. straight spirits
Reply 58
Whats clearness got to do with anything?
- Liquid glucose is almost 100% clear, yet its 99.999% sugar! (hardly slimming)
Eh...surely this is more GD than Health & Relationships?

Latest

Trending

Trending