University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading FIRMERS?!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by ChelseaBond
Temporary hold on Accommodation Application

Due to technical issues we have postponed new applications for accommodation until 12:00 today. Apologies for the inconvenience.

it says this now?

WHAT?! Well that's messed up my day now.. How can it take that long to fix a website link :l Now I have to decide whether to skip college or go in for an hour then come home again :l
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by chlooeh
WHAT?! Well that's messed up my day now.. How can it take that long to fix a website link :l Now I have to decide whether to skip college or go in for an hour then come home again :l

I'm the same, my class started 5 minutes ago ..
Original post by chlooeh

yeah man why couldnt they have done this at a weekend
keep trying happened last year, youll get through eventually
its worth it for the good halls you dont want tyo be stuck in the middle of no where i.e. bulmershe
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 384
Good luck with your choices everyone, let's hope it works this time! x

Btw does anyone know the link to the 2012 Firmers facebook page?
Reply 385
https://www.facebook.com/groups/236251779804375/

thats the firmers group on facebook
Reply 386
Yay! I have applied for accommodation :bigsmile:

I nearly wet myself when I saw what my application number was, and initially assumed it meant I was the 79 thousandth applicant.
Reply 387
Is anyone elses saying
You have now logged out of Student Accommodation Online. Please close this screen.

If you wish to return to Student Accommodation Online please close the screen and re-enter through the University of Reading Student Portal.

????
Original post by Liam_G
Yay! I have applied for accommodation :bigsmile:

I nearly wet myself when I saw what my application number was, and initially assumed it meant I was the 79 thousandth applicant.

I still cant get through! did you keep refresehing the page? what your the 79th thousand applicant?
it says wait 15 minutes now lol
Reply 390
Original post by ChelseaBond
I still cant get through! did you keep refresehing the page? what your the 79th thousand applicant?

No I didn't keep refreshing the page, I just clicked on the link as soon as it turned up (around about 12:02) and followed the instructions, and it went without a hitch.

I'm not the 79 thousandth applicant :laugh: Not that many people attend Reading, but when I spotted my massive application number I thought that was what it meant.
Reply 391
Original post by del1rious

Wow this is actually getting ridiculous now.. We'll probably be waiting til 8 o clock tonight lol.
Original post by del1rious

is the link not appearing with you now either?
now its postponed so no one is disadvantaged. if they didnt want people to be disadvantaged then why make it first come first serve.
Reply 394
The Accommodation application system is experiencing high demand and is not responding consistently. In order that no one is disadvantaged we have decided to postpone applications until this error can be rectified.

Please keep an eye on this page for further messages.

latest message
Reply 395
Has anyone else got to the stage of entering their choices a while ago and then it cancelling itself and going back to the main page? :smile:
I was overly keen and was logged on by 9 50 but it crashed then too
Original post by chlooeh
I'm not sure in the first year, as getting a parking permit looks hard & I don't wanna have to park it ages away :P The accommodation application opens tomorrow at 10am, and remember its first come first served, so try and do it ASAP xD It sounds a good idea to have some money saved up, everything is so expensive and that's without food and living costs!

I'm also thinking maybe not take it I think my halls applications worked I'm not sure I put stenton first whaat one did you put first?x
Reply 398
Original post by SillyMilly
I'm also thinking maybe not take it I think my halls applications worked I'm not sure I put stenton first whaat one did you put first?x

I haven't done mine yet because it wouldn't work :frown: I'll probably put Childs Hall x
It can work, I've got an email confirming the application. Just keep trying and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending