The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading FIRMERS?!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JadeRhianna
Firmed for Biomedical Science, applied for accomodation today - first choice is child's hall!

I've applied for Childs as a first choice as well (:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by hayleyhayley
Ohhh totally firmed for Biological Science too!

Still waiting for accommodation applications to open...

Yay! Just about to do mine now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 782
Original post by paolag
Hey :smile: I've firmed Reading for construction management! We'll probably be in the same lectures for the first year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool cool:smile:, do you know which accommodation you want to go to??
St george and sherfield looks quite good just by looking at the uni accommodation guide..
Reply 783
Original post by GSDog
I'm doing Quantity Surveying 2nd year, as a fresher. I guess we won't be in the same lectures but I'll probably see you around. :smile:

Are you in another uni studying quantity surveying, and transferring to reading this year??
Original post by SillyMilly
Hey both of you im already in my first year at reading taking law, depending on my exam results (if ill have to resit) ill be flogging all my first year books dirt cheap, so if you are interested let me know as I think I spent really 300£ on books alone for year one

Hi! That would be great, I already expected the books to be expensive...
By the way, what's the law course like? Are you happy with your choice? :smile:
Reply 785
Original post by Cyim
Cool cool:smile:, do you know which accommodation you want to go to??
St george and sherfield looks quite good just by looking at the uni accommodation guide..

I'm not too sure yet about accommodation but Sherfield does look pretty good! And I'm hoping that it's more or less near to our block of lectures! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 786
Original post by MissShining
Hi! Yes, I am taking Law :smile: Which accomodation are you all going to apply to?

For accommodation I'm currently looking at Benyon Hall and Child's Hall, but the latter is just too expensive. What about you? By the way do you know if there's a group for reading firmers on facebook?

Hey both of you im already in my first year at reading taking law, depending on my exam results (if ill have to resit) ill be flogging all my first year books dirt cheap, so if you are interested let me know as I think I spent really 300£ on books alone for year one

Thanks a lot for the info, I expected the books to be expensive but £300 is way more than I expected.
I applied for Child's Hall and St George's Hall but you're right, it is very expensive...
I looked it up and I mainly found groups for 2012-2013. There's one for 2013-2014, but it has virtually no members. Does anybody know any other groups?
Reply 788
I applied for Child's Hall and St George's Hall but you're right, it is very expensive...
I looked it up and I mainly found groups for 2012-2013. There's one for 2013-2014, but it has virtually no members. Does anybody know any other groups?

The JCR's start making the groups around this time, they don't really start getting lively until after results. (People don't want to jinx it).
Hi! That would be great, I already expected the books to be expensive...
By the way, what's the law course like? Are you happy with your choice? :smile:

I really do enjoy the course but I wont lie its very hard/heavy workload. I think if I have any advice its first term doss around have all your sort of bunking of lectures etc etc typical freshers stuff but second term dont mess about as I did and a lot of my friends did and we are now really panicking for our exams!!
Reply 790
Original post by FairyPoppins
Yello' everyone. :biggrin:

I'm Jasmine and will be studying BSc Speech and Language Therapy.

I've already met some of you, but am looking forward to meeting even more and hopefully making some lifelong buddies. :smile:

Good luck to everyone for exams and results. See you in September!

FP x

me too :smile:. what halls are you thinking about, or have applied too?
Original post by Naut
The JCR's start making the groups around this time, they don't really start getting lively until after results. (People don't want to jinx it).

Oh okay, that makes sense, thanks :smile:

I really do enjoy the course but I wont lie its very hard/heavy workload. I think if I have any advice its first term doss around have all your sort of bunking of lectures etc etc typical freshers stuff but second term dont mess about as I did and a lot of my friends did and we are now really panicking for our exams!!

Hmm, okay, thanks for the advice! Good luck for your exams! :smile:
Reply 792
hey guy,

I have firmed University of Reading to study Computational Mathematics :smile:

Hopefully i will get in :smile:
Reply 793
Firmed reading for pharmacy! Applied for accommodation today too, my first and second choices are benyon and st George's :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 794
Has anyone else heard back from their accommodation applications yet? I accepted Stenton Townhouses a few weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Original post by ali1241
Has anyone else heard back from their accommodation applications yet? I accepted Stenton Townhouses a few weeks ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I haven't either, I think they get back to us once we have secured our place at the Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 796
Original post by ali1241
Hey, sorry, you misunderstood! I already got accepted into Stenton Townhouses on May 4th. I applied before most people because I got an unconditional.

Ohh ok, sorry, yh that makes sense then. I have a conditional offer and haven't heard from them yet. Really hope I get into my first choice :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797
I firmed, but missed my offer by 17 UMS marks :< Gotta chat to admissions
Reply 798
I have firmed university of reading to study masters in marketing and international management :smile:
Reply 799
Original post by ali1241

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey have you heard anything from them yet? Cause I'm getting my results on 1st July so if I meet the conditions will probably get accepted then. Just wanted to know if they gave you dates to visit or anything cause I wanted to book a holiday after I get my results

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending