The Student Room Group

Help with A level please

Hey,

I am stuck! I would like some personal, first hand info and opinions about the following subjects...how you found doing it :smile:

1. Economics- is it really hard! my friends struggle a lot in it. Also is there loads of maths involved?...not good at mathematics at all.

2. Sociology- I'm excited about that one...:biggrin: how'dya find it anyway?

3. Law- I'm not sure if that is a pointless A level?

4. Media studies/Drama- Not sure which one to pick! did drama at gcse and got B, but I do think I'll enjoy media studies as a 4th subject?

Are my subjects weak? :/ Any chance of going to Cambridge..:rolleyes::colone::confused::s-smilie::tongue: I think not right? - I am not sure what future I want to go in, so my subjects aren't really aimed anywhere sadly.
With those A-levels I will be honest, it sounds like Cambridge is out of the question. Take that with Oxford too.

No offence but if you want a strong university for a really intelligent subject you should reconsider, however if you want that range of subjects and it interests you then go for it.

The only one of those A-levels that I am doing is law, some unis are a bit funny but it is an easy enough A-level and it is generally useful for every day life.

To be honest you don't seem like you are sure at all, you should speak to somebody at your school or speak to the college you are going to. Don't pick A-levels you won't enjoy simply because you like the sound of it, because it makes it ten times harder to do. (I'd know.)

If you want more in detail information then feel free to ask.
Cambridge is out of the question as I believe that Media Studies/Drama and Sociology (for some courses) is on their "Black list" of A-level subjects.
Economics does involve a lot of mathematics, statistics and numbers.
Don't know enough about Sociology to talk about it, although I know it is sometimes seen as a soft subject and referred to on here by many as "Sociolology"

Quick Reply

Latest