The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Random in the sense of depending on the recruiter that's reviewing your application, you can be invited to the AC or not !
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I don't understand why people keep saying it's random and down to luck. Why would the banks spend so much time and money organising these things just to choose people at random?

i_hate_teeth speaks the truth.
Did anyone leave the GS interview feeling like they would definitely get an offer?

No. I was confident about an invitation to the MS AC after my telephone interview, this one is much harder to evaluate.
Original post by Raphael_R
No. I was confident about an invitation to the MS AC after my telephone interview, this one is much harder to evaluate.

definitely. everything else I've been confident about an offer and in most cases Ive been right... this one was v hard to judge
I don't understand why people keep saying it's random and down to luck. Why would the banks spend so much time and money organising these things just to choose people at random?

Usually they want to test your knowledge.

But Goldman is a bit different, they are really interested in your personality, what you know about the firm and if you fit into the culture.

To be honest, i think they know roughly yes or no before the interview and then the interview is to confirm. its pretty obvious we know about the firm! i didn't get any questions on that.. the only thing she said was that i reel understand the role of the bankers there and the personas at goldman.. whether she thinks i fit into that is a different question!
Reply 3965
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy
To be honest, i think they know roughly yes or no before the interview and then the interview is to confirm. its pretty obvious we know about the firm! i didn't get any questions on that.. the only thing she said was that i reel understand the role of the bankers there and the personas at goldman.. whether she thinks i fit into that is a different question!

Looks like your on to an offer then, congrats!

Did they say when they will get back to you?

True, although I don't think people are saying it is random. They are saying that if a bank is looking for 10 people, they can look through the first 200 applications and find 10 great people, rather than looking through 1000 later applications on the off chance of finding someone slightly better.
Reply 3967
What % of GS interviewees do you think they accept?
GS interview went well (I think) but really hard to judge the outcome. HR said we would hear back by mid-next week. Good luck everyone!
Reply 3969
How many people were there per interview slot for GS?
Original post by twinkl
How many people were there per interview slot for GS?

About 7-8 when I was there
Reply 3971
Original post by Sofia123
Got an MS offer and CS offer today :biggrin:

Congrats!

When was your MS AC and what do you study :smile: ?
Hi, guys.
Do you have any rough ideas about when the spring weeks are going to be held for Deutsche, HSBC, CitiQuest or any other banks? (e.g. 26-30 Mar for BoA)

Thx so much and have a nice weekend ahead!
Reply 3973
Original post by smithsonian

Original post by smithsonian
It's been one full month since i did the test now, I'm sure they must be giving out offers

I'm not sure . I've been invited yesterday to choose a date for a phone interview that will be held next week so maybe the process is far from being over for Citi Quest.
Anyone on the JPM waiting list got a reply so far?
Reply 3975
Do you guys know how the offers are made for BAML Sales & Trading?

When i read the website, i have the impression that there is no interview or AC, just an answer of whether we succeeded in gaining a place for the event .
Reply 3976
Original post by Kungmarkan
BAML offer

Great day!

For tech? :smile:
Reply 3977
Original post by wuhengzhiya
Hi, guys.
Do you have any rough ideas about when the spring weeks are going to be held for Deutsche, HSBC, CitiQuest or any other banks? (e.g. 26-30 Mar for BoA)

Thx so much and have a nice weekend ahead!

HSBC is 26-28 Mar
Reply 3978
Citi is 26-30th as well
Original post by mrpinkman
Anyone on the JPM waiting list got a reply so far?

nop u?

When did they say they will let u know by?

Latest

Trending

Trending