The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I you definitely won't get offers for LSE or Edinburgh and probably not Kent or Birmingham. Why did yo u pick them? Didn't you look at the entry requirements?!
I'd be surprised if you didn't get any but your offers may ask for higher grades than your predictions!
Reply 3
It's hard to predict offers... some universities only offer to those with realistic predicted grades; others offer to everyone; others try and catch students who may not have many other offers... it's a lottery to an extent.

As someone else said though, did you take a look at the standard offers before applying?! I'll cut off my own ear if LSE give you an offer - they are strictly AAA and you're nowhere near that! I'm not saying that cruelly at all; but you really have wasted a couple of choices because there is only a 0.001% chance you'll get an offer. However, as onearmedbandit said, I'd be surprised if you got six rejections, but I could just about see it happening. Let's hope you've got a damn good UCAS form. Good luck.
Reply 4
I know that you can get an offer from Kent. They only want ABB (320 points) :smile:
Reply 5
I'm not sure...LSE is a no-go, like everyone else said they want AAA/AAB.
I think Birmingham want AAA too!
Kent want ABB ( i have not been given a straight offer from them, just an interview and i've been predicted AAA, so i disagree with best 75!)
However, Edin want BBB, so perhaps a better chance. Btw, this is Scottish Law as they don't do english law so be careful as you aren't qualified in England!!!
I don't know a thing about the other two, but i am sure you'll get an offer. If its sent there's nothing you can do, but in future look at what they're asking for before you choose!!!
Reply 6
Shouldn't you have applied for at least some universities with requirements around your predictions?
well i got an offer from surrey yesterday for 320 points all which have to be from full a levels so ABB!
Reply 8
edin is a bit messed up. i was predicted AAA (and that's what i got)... but i was still rejected.

i think they had something against me because im english.
Reply 9
I'm sure you'll get in somewhere - but was it really wise to apply to Birmingham and LSE in the first place? I'm not applying to either but have heard that LSE is *extremely* competitive, so if you're predicted lower than AAB (some would even say AAA) I'd say it's a bit of a no-go zone.
Reply 10
cjoc28
edin is a bit messed up. i was predicted AAA (and that's what i got)... but i was still rejected.

i think they had something against me because im english.

Hardly. Probably 85%+ of applicants to top universities for law are predicted AAA so they can't differentiate on that basis. The whole prediction system is a bit of a joke IMO.
Reply 11
lol :tongue:
Reply 12
i applied 2 kent n surrey last year and i had 1 A 9 Bs and had predicitons of BBC .... they still gave me a conditional offer.. so dont worry just yet
Reply 13
a) I did in fact found out about the entry requirement for all the universities. I decided to give it a try because there are no other universities I wished to go. I am prepared for rejection. I just didn't want to think in 10 years time: If only I applied... instead:At least I've tried!

b) Surrey, Edinburgh and Kent is my main fall backs! But, as you all said, there's no guarentee as competition is stiff!

c) I'm going to die! Argghh! Only clearing can save me!

d) The courses I applied in LSE and Leicester is not LLB Law... so, I might have a chance!
Kent is good considering the entry requirements, and I'd be surprised if they didn't make you an offer if you have a good personal statement.

They were my insurance choice, and they're damn good for a 60s university.
Reply 15
What course did you apply for at LSE then?
Reply 16
hahah! got an offer!
Reply 17
congrats :biggrin:!
Reply 18
iz_a_bell
hahah! got an offer!

Yeah but i bet its not from LSE. No offence, but i dont thin you have a cat in hell's chance. People with far higher grades have already been rejected.
Reply 19
you are right, its not LSE...I haven't heard anything from any other unis i applied to except for Surrey!

Latest

Trending

Trending