The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

PG Study at Leeds 2011/12

Hi,

I'm starting a MA in Global Development & Gender in September and will be living in Opal 3. Just wondering if there are other PGs on here starting in Sept/living in Opal 3? :smile:

I'm at Nottingham for my undergrad so it'd be nice to to get to know some people before moving to Leeds. :smile:

Emily :smile:
Reply 1
I thought I was the only one in the world doing this course, not Gender straight development although I am taking a the gender module. What made you take the gender pathway ?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi,

I know what you mean! Glad to know that I'm not the only one doing the course!

I picked the Gender strand because when I eventually get a job, I'd prefer to focus on improving women's rights and representation so I thought it seemed like a sensible option. I imagine that most of the modules we take will be common to all the strands though.

What course are you doing now? I'm doing History and Politics at Nottingham - currently stuck in the library!

Where are you planning on living next year? :smile:
Reply 3
I graduated last year at Loughborough read Politics and International Relations thought I'd like to go a little bit more north (from london).

I've been looking at Opel3 but it's really quite expensive, it would be nice to live there. Not sure how the Leeds Met/ Leeds mix works will be interesting. Part of me wants to have another year away from parents and 'party it up' and the other half of me thinks perhaps I should get my head down and work really hard lol not sure which part will win.
Reply 4
Hi, I've signed on for the Global Genders course so chances are I'll be seeing you in a few lectures.
I graduated in 2010 from Durham and have spent a year in Switzerland as an au-pair. Looking forward to coming back to the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest