The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
try the bupa site, apply for both full time and bank. I applied to about 7 with bupa and i got a call from them for one i didn't apply for

Cool. Did you send a CV and a cover letter. Or just a CV.
Reply 1581
Original post by firestar101
Cool. Did you send a CV and a cover letter. Or just a CV.

it's electronically done online
Reply 1582
Original post by baztech

Also Taz, no-you-did-int!

Love this dub, EVERYBODYS RUSSIAN!

:clap2: That was actually pretty good ...

... MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN! :bhangra:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by baztech
Sounds about right, no more than a month I say, does anyone know what the best book is after the 600Q one? I wish they updated that one every year! Imagine how good a 2nd 600Q book would be but with just diff questions!

Aberdeen interview was brutal for me, left a bad taste in my month, probably won't reapply next year, thinking defo glasgow and dundee now, since I can't afford English unis now...(and they both look brillant in their own right anyway).

A lot of people recomended the "Passing the UK Clinical Aptitude Test and BMAT" book and those who didn't recomended the 600Q one so i think the first is good for explanation and the last is obviously more about practise which is also a plus cos i also heard some questions seem to appear again but it slightly different ways..?

And I've completely been put off scottish unis since Aberdeen rejected me
I'm not saying i should have got an offer but i realised later that it was a wasted choice from the start. I think they kinda prefer their scottish students and internationals, more so than they admit, judging from the people i know who were well qualified but rejected (for medicine and other courses)..
(edited 12 years ago)
Just got some bulls**t feedback from King's. Pretty much a generic response basically saying don't bother requesting individual feedback cos you won't get and don't bother reaplying to us again. "We hope that this disappointment does not deter you from pursuing a career in the health professions"
They actually make me LOL :rolleyes:
Reply 1585
Hi
im a 2012 reapplicant too....

just wondering... ive heard that you cant reapply to some unis youve already applied to....is that tru?
Ive heard this rumour relates to Kings and UCL.....
i seriously hope its not true because i really want to reapply to kings lol

anyone else know anything?
Reply 1586
Original post by praj1
Hi

just wondering... ive heard that you cant reapply to some unis youve already applied to....is that tru?

Yes, some uni's allow you to reapply even if you've already applied and been rejected. For some, this is ONLY if you were rejected pre-interview

It will vary from one uni to another, and maybe from year to year as well. Make sure you ask them!
Reply 1587
Original post by praj1
Hi

Original post by -Taz-
Yes, some uni's allow you to reapply even if you've already applied and been rejected. For some, this is ONLY if you were rejected pre-interview

It will vary from one uni to another, and maybe from year to year as well. Make sure you ask them!

I literally wrote out pretty much the same response before seeing this post haha.

Ask the universities you applied for - and also consider your feedback. Birmingham said that they accept reapplicants to their university who were rejected pre-interview, but since I got rejected on the basis of my GCSE's, it would be silly to apply there again.

Anyone else got crazyyyyy storms?
Reply 1588
Original post by twelve
I literally wrote out pretty much the same response before seeing this post haha.

Ask the universities you applied for - and also consider your feedback. Birmingham said that they accept reapplicants to their university who were rejected pre-interview, but since I got rejected on the basis of my GCSE's, it would be silly to apply there again.

Anyone else got crazyyyyy storms?

Great minds think alike :hi:

A lot of people are saying they've got storms round where i live (on facebook), but i've not seen or heard anything myself
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1589
lightning!
Original post by dmz
lightning!

Twister
Reply 1591
Heyo guys ! I jus,wana say that its quite hard to get a job where I live in a pharmacy/hospital , so any other ideas. I can get work experience just not a job. Any comments would be appreciated. Thankkkmyouu
Original post by fruitfan
Heyo guys ! I jus,wana say that its quite hard to get a job where I live in a pharmacy/hospital , so any other ideas. I can get work experience just not a job. Any comments would be appreciated. Thankkkmyouu

Hi there, maybe try care homes, hospices, voluntary organizations such as British Legion, British Heart Foundation etc

where do you live?
Reply 1594
Original post by -Taz-
Great minds think alike :hi:

A lot of people are saying they've got storms round where i live (on facebook), but i've not seen or heard anything myself

Original post by dmz
lightning!

Yep I had lightening too. And I was driving when it started :eek: I saw an actual lightening bolt as well, not just the flash you usually see :biggrin:

Keep trying - there are loads of hospitals in my area, and there have only been four jobs in the last few months that I've been looking. I think its quite difficult everywhere. Failing that, you could just get a normal job and work experience, and just keep searching for a hospital job.
Reply 1595
Guys I've got a question - how long should my supporting statement be? I've tried to keep it relatively short, more like a paragraph. I thought I should because that would be how long it would be on a CV? The rules for that are generally to say what you need to say and not fluff it out too much aren't they? I'm worried I haven't fluffed it out at all though :/
Reply 1596
Thankyou 'too sexy for my stethoscope' , 'twelve' and 'firestar101'
I will look into those places. I live in alexandria. Thank you
Anyone started thinking about UKCAT?
I am basically taking a gap year due to my low UKCAT so it is key for me to improve it.

I am planning on focusing on my exams atm but may book it within the next 2 weeks or so, cos i can postpone it anyway. I am thinking end of July
Original post by twelve
Guys I've got a question - how long should my supporting statement be? I've tried to keep it relatively short, more like a paragraph. I thought I should because that would be how long it would be on a CV? The rules for that are generally to say what you need to say and not fluff it out too much aren't they? I'm worried I haven't fluffed it out at all though :/

I just started off with my previous experience in that hospital/pharmacy environment to show them that you are familiar with that kind o environment, then just suck up to how important to role is in the nhs and whack in those generic qualities you have that support that and BAM yo' working in a pharmacy :rolleyes:
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Just got some bulls**t feedback from King's. Pretty much a generic response basically saying don't bother requesting individual feedback cos you won't get and don't bother reaplying to us again. "We hope that this disappointment does not deter you from pursuing a career in the health professions"
They actually make me LOL :rolleyes:

Aberdeens feedback was so bad they sent the same rejection letter to pre and post rejections

Wuuuuuuuuuuuut??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending