The Student Room Group

Exams are getting nearer! How much revision are YOU doing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
Meh, not doing a lot tbh, I have got so many NABs right now, and I have a maths prelim next week, planning to start mega revision in the easter holidays, doing a lot on the weekends but during the week it's normally nab prep and trying to make sure i don't crash and burn in the maths prelims as it's my nemesis ATM!

I just finished my second prelim for maths :'( but now I'm focusing on history :smile: Same for the easter holidays, that's when major style revision will occur!

Original post by Rhi93
None yet, but the Easter holidays are right at the start of April and I've always found that's the best time to get started on the proper serious revision. Only have two exams to revise for anyway :tongue:

Only 2? You've got it lucky :biggrin: I have 5 exams, but 10 individual papers to sit. Fun times!...

Original post by whattheheck
what are NABs?

I'm guessing you are not Scottish. They are mini exams that you need to pass to sit the final exam, but don't count towards your final grade :smile:
Original post by chr1stopher11
I just finished my second prelim for maths :'( but now I'm focusing on history :smile: Same for the easter holidays, that's when major style revision will occur!

Second? That doesn't leave much time for unit three!!
Second? That doesn't leave much time for unit three!!

My first prelim was unit 1+2 and the second prelim was unit 1+2+3 :smile:
Reply 23

Only 2? You've got it lucky :biggrin: I have 5 exams, but 10 individual papers to sit. Fun times!...

2 Advanced Highers (French and German) - would have been three but I dropped AH History :biggrin:
My first prelim was unit 1+2 and the second prelim was unit 1+2+3 :smile:

Ah right. I have a maths prelim next week. I'm going to die!!
Reply 25
Original post by swahmad

You're a ruthless ****.
Reply 27
You're a ruthless ****.

I'll get down to it :colondollar:
Original post by swahmad
I'll get down to it :colondollar:

You say that now, but if you're anything like me you will leave it to the night before!!
Ah right. I have a maths prelim next week. I'm going to die!!

Lol, bit of an overreaction :biggrin: But yeah, maths is sooo hard :frown: by far the hardest subject I've taken this year

Original post by Rhi93
2 Advanced Highers (French and German) - would have been three but I dropped AH History :biggrin:

Ah, I was thinking about AH French, but god it looks torturous. I decided to opt for early university instead :biggrin: What are you going to university to study, if you are going to university?
Reply 30

Ah, I was thinking about AH French, but god it looks torturous. I decided to opt for early university instead :biggrin: What are you going to university to study, if you are going to university?

French and German at Heriot-Watt :biggrin: you?
Original post by Rhi93
French and German at Heriot-Watt :biggrin: you?

Awesome! I'll be going to King's College London to study geography :biggrin: so excited :biggrin:
Reply 32
You say that now, but if you're anything like me you will leave it to the night before!!

Hopefully, I will be revising for the whole easter break :tongue:
Meh, not doing a lot tbh, I have got so many NABs right now, and I have a maths prelim next week, planning to start mega revision in the easter holidays, doing a lot on the weekends but during the week it's normally nab prep and trying to make sure i don't crash and burn in the maths prelims as it's my nemesis ATM!

what are NABs?
Original post by whattheheck
what are NABs?

They are tests at c-level which you must pass to sit the final exam, but it does not count towards your final grade. You sit 3 or 4 depending on the subject, throughout the year.
None...I should probably timetable my studying soon though...I've got all my NABs done now, my English folio complete, my French speaking exam and half my music practical (had to postpone singing until May) out of the way, so I've got more spare time now :smile:
Reply 36
none

just shoot me now :colonhash:
i'm doing little bit's here and there but it's hard to revise for a range of subjects when you've nabs/ second prelims been thrown at you left right and centre.

But easter holidays onwards, i will get down to some serious revision good 3 hours a day :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending