The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am at home with my car and and waiting if somebody can help me if you can please call me or phone me. Thank you Leonor
Original post by accountant-future
I live in that area, I can pm you an instructor and their number if you like? (I passed first time).
Original post by accountant-future
I live in that area, I can pm you an instructor and their number if you like? (I passed first time).

Yes please PM me
Reply 62
Original post by seruzachan
Can i take the test if one of the brake lights aren't working?

No.
How would they know? it doesn't specify on the website that the exterior lights must work
Reply 64
How would they know? it doesn't specify on the website that the exterior lights must work

It quite clearly states that the vehicle must be roadworthy... it's illegal to drive a vehicle with a brake light out.
Original post by IWMTom
It quite clearly states that the vehicle must be roadworthy... it's illegal to drive a vehicle with a brake light out.

But how would they know if one of the brake lights aren't working? And it passed MOT
Reply 66
But how would they know if one of the brake lights aren't working? And it passed MOT

My examiner had us test the lights in the car park before leaving - your mileage may vary.

Get the damn bulb fixed instead of complaining - it takes 5 minutes and costs virtually nothing. It's ILLEGAL to drive with a brake light out, you have no excuse.

Also, why ask a question if you're just going to argue with the answer given, lol.
Reply 68
Original post by nevershear
Also, why ask a question if you're just going to argue with the answer given, lol.

I always wonder that myself
Reply 69
I have been driving in the UK for the past few months on an American license and would like to give the test in my own car. Anyone know if I still need L plates for this (https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/using-your-own-car) as according to the rules I don't need them to drive normally otherwise.
Reply 70
Original post by Shrutium
I have been driving in the UK for the past few months on an American license and would like to give the test in my own car. Anyone know if I still need L plates for this (https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/using-your-own-car) as according to the rules I don't need them to drive normally otherwise.

You need to apply for a provisional UK driving licence to be able to sit the theory and practical test here - once you do that, your American driving licence is no longer valid for driving in the UK, and as such, you'll need L plates and to be supervised at all times by a competent person.
I'm so happy it's not just me .. 12th of September 2019 will be my 5 test ..And that fact makes me so nervous... I really don't want to be nervous but I cant help it ..
Hi I m going to do test in my own car and I just want to know that have i pay £60 to my instructed if i giving test in my own car ?
Reply 73
Original post by Pinky mehra
Hi I m going to do test in my own car and I just want to know that have i pay £60 to my instructed if i giving test in my own car ?

Why would you have to pay your instructor to use your own car...?
Original post by IWMTom
Why would you have to pay your instructor to use your own car...?

I must say I admire this instructor's entrepreneurial spirit, whoever they are.

To the enquirer: You would only have to pay your instructor if they were coming to the test centre with you. Some people like to have them sit in on the test, I presume this is still permitted.
Should make it easier
Can you take your own car alone on your own risk if instructor is not available on test day if i am not accompanied by anyone to test center but if it is insured .
Original post by vikas_2028
Can you take your own car alone on your own risk if instructor is not available on test day if i am not accompanied by anyone to test center but if it is insured .

No, you cannot drive unaccompanied to the test centre.

Additionally, if you pass then someone else will need to drive the vehicle home, as your learners insurance won’t be valid from the point at which you pass.
i had a internationol license and i took full comprehensive car insurance. As its been 12 months here my internationol license is not valid anymore to drive but i still have remaining insurance for next 6 months. Now i have got provisionol license do i need different insurance for this one ?
Original post by Admit-One
No, you cannot drive unaccompanied to the test centre.

Additionally, if you pass then someone else will need to drive the vehicle home, as your learners insurance won’t be valid from the point at which you pass.

i had a internationol license and i took full comprehensive car insurance. As its been 12 months here my internationol license is not valid anymore to drive but i still have remaining insurance for next 6 months. Now i have got provisionol license do i need different insurance for this one ?

Latest

Trending

Trending