The Student Room Group
My project is a feasibility study on the use of barcoding in a hospital CIVAS unit. Nearly finished now!

We haven't been told what electives we've been given - the choices were very poor though. They were: Chemical Mediators & Disease (pharmacology), Drug Delivery, Science of Dosage Form Design, Drug Development from natural sources (plant chemistry), Drug Toxicity, Drug Discover & Design (hard chemistry), Drug Metabolism (shared with MSc Biopharmacy).

I went for drug delivery and science of dosage form design...

Update: It appears that today was the day that the decisions get posted on the web... and I got my two elective choices! :biggrin:

Science of Dosage form design was heavily oversubscribed - loads of people want to switch from drug development from natural sources :laugh:
Reply 2
Not many people in our year want to do natural products or in fact microbiology.
LOL, 15 people have sent emails to the whole year asking for changes. Loads want to switch from the natural products or science of dosage form design modules...!

Would've been nice if we'd had the option of microbiology. There was a radiopharmacy course last year that I would have done, but the lecturer retired at the end of last year :frown:
Reply 4
Kingspharm
LOL, 15 people have sent emails to the whole year asking for changes. Loads want to switch from the natural products or science of dosage form design modules...!

Would've been nice if we'd had the option of microbiology. There was a radiopharmacy course last year that I would have done, but the lecturer retired at the end of last year :frown:

Unlucky. It's really annoying that if we choose to do the exams this year and the project next year, we have a very limited choice of options to choose from. But there is a minute chance that if we put down that we want to do project first, and too many people want to do the same, they might switch some of us. I really hope that that doesn'thappen. And I really hope that I get to do the option of pharmacology (which always is the most popular option).

Latest

Trending

Trending