The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 1
The people who say MMU isn't any good - generally aren't from MMU, MMU is one of the best for student suppport in my opinion with the lecturers acticely involved in wanting to help you get the most out of your university life.

There's a lot of places to go for nights out, Manchester has the most pubs and clubs i've ever seen in one area (probably second to London). There is places to go for music of all genres, there are cinemas, restaurants, pubs etc etc

There have been a lot of "star" (loosely used terms) appearances this year with bodger and badger, jesse from home and away, jo from s club 7 and antony from BB at the union. Last year they had the cheeky girls and your bound to get a few hollyoaks appearances.

IMO its hard to walk around manchester without seeing a Z list celebrity.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
fanks 4 dat tigger :wink:
omg i am so looking forward to seeing celebs if i do get into and like mmu after my interview in feb, i love celebs and hell yes i shall take pics and send them to heat and get £200!!!
I really want to go! I've applied for photography a bit ago but I've not heard anything yet, other than that they received my application.
Reply 5
Hey i've applied to manchester met and got a conditional offer, im really undecided about machester, leeds met, or liverpool Jmu. Any one heard anyythin about any of them which could help me out. desperatly need help choosing. xx
Reply 6
Jen what are you hoping to do? Because i applied to al of those uni's! Lol

Im doin food and nutrition, i chose manchester met as my firm choice as i loved it when i went to look round......and im goin to the visit day on wednesday
Reply 7
Jess im in the same position as you, ive applied to MMU to do accounting and finance (foundation year) but i aint had no reply from them, i dont know whats taking them so long, i see youve already received a offer from them thats good lol and youve been invited to a visit day so when u go tell me about the Uni and the accommodation that youll be living in ecspecially Mill Point accommodation as il be stayin der thanks.

safe..................................
I didnt initial apply there on my original UCAS. I am using UCAS Extra and have decided to now apply to read Modern History... Hopefully I will get in. Have not looked at what halls there are around the campus yet...
Reply 9
Studly - ive already been round the Uni, but im at a different campus to you. My part is the Hollings campus and its amazing, everything seems really new and all the equipment is good and i look forward to the prospects the course holds. The accommodation im applying for as 1st choice is Daisy Bank Halls. Was gonna put Mill point down as 2nd choice as it looked quite nice....but i read that a parking space would cost £700 a year which im not really prepared to pay cos thats daft......

(And id say i want to take my car cos i live 2 hours away from manchester!)

Ive also been looking at private accommodation and was thinking of applying to 'Q3' it looks amazing!
Reply 10
Thanks 4 that jess, ive just been invited to a visit day to MMU on march the 1st 2006 but i aint received a offer from them yet just a letter,

So whats Daisy bank accommodation like, are the rooms private where only you can sleep or you gotta share wid someone. I dont wanna be doing that as i will be new to the campus.

What are the facilities like, are they good. and last important question did you see any sexy asian gals, lol.

thanks.
Reply 11
I know for some of the courses when you go to the visit day you get an interview. I didnt, i had already received my offer, but i still had to go and chat to somebody :smile:

Daisy Bank halls seems really nice, but its a ratio of 80:20 girls to boys.....So obviously guys may find it harder to get a place there.

All the rooms are ensuite, u just share a kitchen and living room.

Didnt see any sexy asian girls, but cant say i was looking out for them either! :p:
Reply 12
Hi there, Im looking to go Manchester Met, ive applied for Business (sandwich year) theres a open day tommorw, i can't go to it but i REALLY want to check the UNI out. people have said that its kind of a 'doss' uni? Im looking to go either Nottingham Trent or Manchester Met. Its such a hard choice, can any of you PLEASE tell me what the UNI is like and whats the facilities like and also is it a 'modern' uni? Is there a lot of asains there too? Thanks alot!!! Jav
Reply 13
Thanks 4 that JESSR88.

I might go to a visit day, so whats it all about anyway is it like a open day or similar, ive already received an offer anyway so i dont think i will have to attend an interview.

The accommodation im thinking of is mill point because its in city centre and as i am doing accountnacy its much suitable.

What are the rooms like anyway in mill point. are the rooms private i hope so as I will be new. I know you have to share the living room and kitchen but that dont matter as there is sexy gal wid me lol.

and lastly have you been trafford centre, if you have is there a place called Namco Station.
Reply 14
I went to the visit day today (22nd feb) for the business school and the whole university. WOAH!! Im telling ya, it is such a wicked uni! Sooo many students, its such a vibrant city...people allways around, always kicking. The uni it self is massive and modern! Business school is really good! Im definately going to put it as my FIRM! I can't wait to go man!!! For all you people who am going to apply/thinking about going and want to go to a vibrant, kicking, live uni/city, im telling ya MANCHESTER MET is definately for you! There is a fair amount of Asians as well (going out to ASIAN_GAME) so its all good! Any questions, just ask!!!! Jav
Reply 15
I had someone say to me yesterday that MMU SU is better than Manchester unis and I have to say I think its pretty good although i dont go that often.
Reply 16
jav...i guess il see you there lol!
im still waiting to hear from them! iv applied for social work and they said the wont be deciding til march!! :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Jessr88 wher u from? wa college/skool u go 2? Yea.. looks like ill see u ther! what course are u applying for?
Reply 19
im from fairfax school 6th form nr. Birmingham. Yeah you might see me there, lol-ish....cos il be on the Hollings campus doin food and nutrition. I havent actually met ne1 doin the same course as me, cos at the open day i went to it was just me for tht exact course. Should be fun lol

Latest

Trending

Trending