The Student Room Group

do unis accept you if you don't get grades required for physio.

I'm really worried i might not get my 3B's i need to get in to the unis I have accepted for physiotherapy. Do unis ever accept you anyway? Should I contact the uni admission officer and explain my circumstances and if i do do you think it will help?
Original post by marmitemad
I'm really worried i might not get my 3B's i need to get in to the unis I have accepted for physiotherapy. Do unis ever accept you anyway? Should I contact the uni admission officer and explain my circumstances and if i do do you think it will help?

It depends on a lot of things. Some unis will accept you if they are undersubscribed on results day, but on allied health courses it can get pretty competitive so don't hold out for that happening.

If you have extenuating circumstances that will genuinely affect your exams, then you should inform the uni and also ask your college to send a letter confirming this.
Reply 2
Hi there,

What Phoenix said plus:

A lot of unis will accept you if you have an offer, but miss it by one grade. eg. BBC rather than BBB. Yes they could try and fill the place with someone else, but remember this is extra faff for them and they will probably try to avoid it if possible!

If you think you are looking at a BCC or lower I would ring the unis in question and get specific advice about what might happen if you miss your offer. Definitely explain extenuating circumstances as soon as possible if you think they will affect your grades and try to back them up with evidence like a letter from your school or college or a doctor's certificate.

Good luck!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest