The Student Room Group

Film Production: AUCB, LCC, or Leeds Met?

Hi everyone,

I've applied to do Film Production at either Bournemouth Arts (AUCB), London Arts (aka College of Communication), and Leeds Metropolitan.

So far I've had interviews at London and Bournemouth, both went very well. London offered me a place, and I think AUCB will too (but they won't let me know for sure for another two weeks).

I also have an interview at Leeds coming up on Monday and I can't decide whether or not to go (it's very far away). Would I rather be there than London? I assume not, but would love to hear some opinions.

Here's my thinking so far:

AUCB:
+ Good reputation
+ Lovely people
+ Campus entirely dedicated to arts subjects
+ Near the beach
- Boring town
- Very small campus

London Arts:
+ I love London
- I hate Elephant and Castle
- Kind of a rubbish looking campus (no offence)
- Have heard negative things online about studying there

And Leeds I know very little about, other than the uni is HUGE and seems a little overcrowded.

What do people think?
Reply 1
Not Leeds Met.
Reply 2
Original post by ChazSingh
Not Leeds Met.

How come?
Reply 3
Original post by Molgaard
How come?

Because the other two options are superior in every aspect.
Reply 4
By the way, there is one thing that is confusing me endlessly:

When people say 'Bournemouth', are they talking about Bournemouth Uni or AUCB? Both have film production courses and both are hard to get into. I keep hearing that 'Bournemouth is the best', but which Bournemouth?? :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by Molgaard
By the way, there is one thing that is confusing me endlessly:

When people say 'Bournemouth', are they talking about Bournemouth Uni or AUCB? Both have film production courses and both are hard to get into. I keep hearing that 'Bournemouth is the best', but which Bournemouth?? :confused:
Well people say Bournemout University is best for Television Production and AUCB is best for Film Production. So if people just say Bournemout then I expect them to talk about Bournemout Uni, not AUCB...
Reply 6
When people say "Bournemouth is the best" generally they're referring to ACUB, although obviously it's a matter of opinion (I personally rate Westminister over ACUB)
Reply 7
Original post by Gamistar
When people say "Bournemouth is the best" generally they're referring to ACUB, although obviously it's a matter of opinion (I personally rate Westminister over ACUB)
I'm just curious but why you rate Westminster to be better than AUCB? I happened to got an offer from these both uni's and I accepted my place at Westminster mostly because of the location and opportunities it has...
Reply 8
Original post by JohnnyA
I'm just curious but why you rate Westminster to be better than AUCB? I happened to got an offer from these both uni's and I accepted my place at Westminster mostly because of the location and opportunities it has...

The location partially, but the main reason I considered it better was the attitude of both the tutors themselves as well as the students I met. At ACUB, it very much felt like they knew they were considered the best and so didn't have to prove it, at Westminster they came across just as people getting on with doing amazing work. I guess it depends on the experience you had on the open day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending