The Student Room Group

Economics insight days/work experience for A Level Students

Does anyone know of any companies doing insight days this summer for A Level students? Currently I know of RBS, Ernst and Young and JP Morgan.

Also do you know of any companies that offer shadowing or work experience? I have e-mailed a lot of places, all with rejections, so does anyone have any good contacts to get me in?

Thanks.
Reply 1
I'm due for one at PwC in April. (It's not summer, but you can pick your date)
The application is a lot more computerised so it takes a bit of working around the site.

(Definitely go for the EY one, it's amazing :biggrin: and you're exempt from a stage if you ever apply for the EY scholar scheme next year too)

I think KPMG and Deloitte have days too, the Deloitte is personal to the scholars, though I'm going to apply either way :smile:
Morgan Stanley have one, and a three day work experience programme for females, you email graduate recruitment asking for information and they reply with a flyer for information.

Apparently Goldman Sachs also have one, except I can't seem to locate that one.
Reply 2
I did apply for the PwC one and somehow, someway I got bloody well rejected! I don't understand because I know that I aced the logical tests or whatever so it must have been the personality test that failed me :frown:

KPMG have closed their applications and what do you mean about Deloitte being personal to scholars?

Unfortunately I'm not female so I can't do the Morgan Stanley one and Goldman Sachs I found the same problem...

Out of interest what school/uni year are you in?

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 3
Don't worry about it, loads of people get rejected from PwC, probably because of the personality test, I'm not sure.

I missed the KPMG one.. gah.
By personal, I meant that the open day open for A Level students is meant to be for those looking in to the Deloitte Scholarship programme, so it's more based around that, than a 'typical insight day'

I don't believe the Open Day for Morgan Stanley is restricted to only females, merely the work experience programme, though I may be wrong.

Year 12 :smile:

Don't worry about it!
Reply 4
Are you talking about PwC's Insight Day or do they have other longer programs?

Btw, I can't find the RBS one.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
RBS is here - https://www.makeitrbs.com/uk/gbm/events/future-talent-for-rbs-global-banking-and-markets

I think PwC might have longer programs but I don't think for A-level students.

SillyString, can you link me the Morgan Stanley one please?
Reply 6
Original post by Trizzle
RBS is here - https://www.makeitrbs.com/uk/gbm/events/future-talent-for-rbs-global-banking-and-markets

I think PwC might have longer programs but I don't think for A-level students.

SillyString, can you link me the Morgan Stanley one please?

Thanks for the link!

I haven't seen any longer programs for A-level students by PwC. What a pity. Since I don't live in London(in fact, I live outside the UK lol), a one-day program isn't worth it.

Do you all live in London?
Reply 7
I was given this attachment when I emailed "[email protected]"

Yeah I live in London, it's pretty handy for things like this :smile:
They do reimburse travel expenses most of the time, though I am quite sure there's a limit. Where do you live? :smile:
Reply 8
Thanks for that SillyString, although it does seem rather different to an actual insight day but I will probably apply for it anyway. Maybe enough to talk about on personal statement briefly, I dunno...

I don't live in London, I live about 3 hours away but it's not so bad because my brother lives there so I can just stay with him.
Reply 9
Original post by Trizzle
Thanks for that SillyString, although it does seem rather different to an actual insight day but I will probably apply for it anyway. Maybe enough to talk about on personal statement briefly, I dunno...

I don't live in London, I live about 3 hours away but it's not so bad because my brother lives there so I can just stay with him.

Yeah, I'm not entirely clued up on what I'm applying to, but it's a fun day nonetheless :smile:
That's handy :smile:, I know of people who stayed in hotels for a single day for the EY insight day. That must've been costly..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending