The Student Room Group

finance/banking/economics work experience

Hi everyone,
would it be possible to share any work experiences/ how you got them for finance/banking/economics?

(im in year 11 btw)
(edited 2 years ago)
Right now I advise you focus on completing virtual internships, check out these guys - https://www.theforage.com/
Attend insight days, some firms will have programs tailored to secondary school students but I think at your stage gathering as much info as possible, getting good grades so you can go to a top sixth form and ultimately do a top degree apprenticeship or go top uni should be your aim.
Original post by JamesHardenRocks
Right now I advise you focus on completing virtual internships, check out these guys - https://www.theforage.com/
Attend insight days, some firms will have programs tailored to secondary school students but I think at your stage gathering as much info as possible, getting good grades so you can go to a top sixth form and ultimately do a top degree apprenticeship or go top uni should be your aim.

Thank you for the link! it looks really useful and im definitely going to try and do one. 😊
im doing accounting/econ at uni next year and i did a weeks work experience with hsbc (really enjoyed it) and an insight week at pwc (online, but still good). not sure when applications open/close, but i’d recommend these
Reply 4
Most beneficial thing you can do is really grind in your a-levels and get into a target. In addition to the forage, bright network is a similar one
Original post by starrynight35
im doing accounting/econ at uni next year and i did a weeks work experience with hsbc (really enjoyed it) and an insight week at pwc (online, but still good). not sure when applications open/close, but i’d recommend these

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how did u get a hsbc one?
Original post by anyIBers
Most beneficial thing you can do is really grind in your a-levels and get into a target. In addition to the forage, bright network is a similar one

thank you!! yes definitely I am really trying to get good GCSEs atm and a-levels after.
Original post by larry128
Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how did u get a hsbc one?

i just applied online when they were accepting applications - they asked for my grades and a cv, then i had a telephone interview
Reply 8
Original post by username5880981

what time of the year was your PWC work experience at?

thanks
Reply 9
Original post by username5880981
i just applied online when they were accepting applications - they asked for my grades and a cv, then i had a telephone interview

Were the questions personal, or finance related?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending