The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants for 2012 entry (& Offers - for when they're given!)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by chokoishii
Are yous international applicants and did yous get a confirmation email? I sent my Cardiff application on 17th Nov and I've just sent off my portfolio...

no im not international, are you? got a confirmation postcard, i had to send a self addressed stamped postcard with my portfolio. Don't think they send confirmations by email :L you could email them in a little while and ask them if theyve received it? are you international?
Reply 981
Original post by bethky
i sent mine in september too!! really hoping that itl be somewhen this week that we hear.... otherwise its a long wait til february :L where else have you applied? have you got any offers?

If you applied in September you should definitely be in the first lot of people that hear; I applied mid October and got my portfolio in for the 16th November. I can't see us hearing before Christmas now 'cos they'll have broken up, I guess we'll have to wait until February? :P
Reply 982
Original post by chokoishii
Are yous international applicants and did yous get a confirmation email? I sent my Cardiff application on 17th Nov and I've just sent off my portfolio...

Yes I did receive confirmation e-mail and sent my portfolio off on the 4th of November. I am also an international applicant.
Reply 983
Original post by bethky
i sent mine in september too!! really hoping that itl be somewhen this week that we hear.... otherwise its a long wait til february :L where else have you applied? have you got any offers?

Nope no offers yet :frown: just interview with cambridge.
Original post by bytheglam*

Oh cool! :biggrin:
I think no-one has work related to their course in their portfolio, as unis usually look for artistic abilities and creative stuff, so stop worrying yourself :wink: The only uni that has asked me to submit a portfolio at the moment is MSA, and they asked for a statement, 10-12 images and in my case, stuff I've been doing at uni. They gave me a list of what to include in the written piece and the images (eg a building I would like to visit, photography, fine art, etc) :smile:

what about you? are you full chinese?:smile: haha i just know lots of people did 3D this year so they have 3d work in their portfolio which is related to interior architecture and design.. ah i see, have you finished your written piece yet? when is your deadline? x
Reply 985
Original post by Iris 6
Nope no offers yet :frown: just interview with cambridge.

same :L how did your interview go? and which college did you apply to??
Reply 986
Original post by bethky
same :L how did your interview go? and which college did you apply to??

Interview went really well acutally. (but i mean u never know) and at King's u?
Has anyone had interview or portfolio request from oxford brookes yet? they are taking forever!!! :frown: i'm slightly worried...
Original post by lesscommon
what about you? are you full chinese?:smile: haha i just know lots of people did 3D this year so they have 3d work in their portfolio which is related to interior architecture and design.. ah i see, have you finished your written piece yet? when is your deadline? x

I'm chinese, but I was born and raised in Spain :smile:
Yes, I've already sent the blog to MSA. My deadline is on the 23rd December, but I couldn't wait any longer so I sent it last week :rolleyes:
So when are u sending your application?
Reply 989
Newcastle: Offer
Manchester: Offer
Northumbria: Offer
Sheffield: Portfolio Sent
Liverpool: Portfolio Requested

Anyone heard from Sheffield yet? How long do they wait after you've sent your portfolio?
Original post by nimrodwong01
Has anyone had interview or portfolio request from oxford brookes yet? they are taking forever!!! :frown: i'm slightly worried...

I sent my application off October 14th and got a portfolio request about a month after that and then the offer came a month after that. So I wouldnt worry they take their sweet time hha.
Original post by pretzl.logic
I sent my application off October 14th and got a portfolio request about a month after that and then the offer came a month after that. So I wouldnt worry they take their sweet time hha.

Did they request for an online one? or a physical portfolio ? Are you hoping to go to brookes too? If i get an offer ill definitely go there :smile:
Has anyone applied to GSA or Strathclyde and recieved an interview/portfolio request? I have also send my portfolio to Cardiff and having to wait really affects my nerves.

I'm chinese, but I was born and raised in Spain :smile:
Yes, I've already sent the blog to MSA. My deadline is on the 23rd December, but I couldn't wait any longer so I sent it last week :rolleyes:
So when are u sending your application?

sweet, can you speak any chinese?:smile: ahh cool! um i just got an email from ucas yesterday that my application have been sent off, so hopefully unis wont ask me to do a online one over christmas otherwise im screwed:/
Original post by bethky
no im not international, are you? got a confirmation postcard, i had to send a self addressed stamped postcard with my portfolio. Don't think they send confirmations by email :L you could email them in a little while and ask them if theyve received it? are you international?

I'm not international either.. and I sent it by special delivery so I'll know if it's been recieved :smile:
Reply 995
Original post by Veee
What are your predicted grades ?

A*ACaa (with mitigating circumstances)
Original post by alex_2102k
Has anyone applied to GSA or Strathclyde and recieved an interview/portfolio request? I have also send my portfolio to Cardiff and having to wait really affects my nerves.

Me! I sent my application at the middle of November. I got the letter telling me that they have received the application a week ago. And they did not ask for portfolio. I heard that there will be an interview for architecture students but I am applying from Malaysia. Not sure what are they going to do with me
Does anyone know when Bath start giving out most of their offers? The website said that they make decisions after the January 15th deadline but some applicants have already gotten replies (Congrats, you guys!!).
I guess I'm just getting slightly impatient :tongue:
Reply 998
Hey everyone!
I just wanted to ask if you could give me some kind of advice for the portfolio? I couldn't find a reliable example... ://
Original post by lesscommon
sweet, can you speak any chinese?:smile: ahh cool! um i just got an email from ucas yesterday that my application have been sent off, so hopefully unis wont ask me to do a online one over christmas otherwise im screwed:/

I can speak a chinese dialect fluently, but my mandarin is very poor :frown: Yours?
Well, good luck with your choices! :smile: I received a writting task from UCL (Urban planning) yesterday, due before 1st February... I know what I'll be doing over xmas... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending