The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MSc Globalisation - UCL

Hey guys and gals,

I'll keep it short. The study of Globalisation has been a big passion of mine, predominantly because of my undergraduate degree. I would love the opportunity to study it further at an awesome Uni, such as UCL. Is this really going to help me in the job market though? It's not exactly vocational, but UCL states that it could lead to careers in the government and international relations (which is definitely a goal of mine). What do you guys think? Should I be thinking with my head rather than my heart?

Currently on track for a first, mulling over the application form...They state that they'll take applications until September.

Thanks for all your help.
Reply 1
I think if you do something you enjoy you're more likely to put the effort in to study it, and actually come out at the end with a good grade. Besides, specializing in globalization sounds like something that'd be of interest to a lot of international companies and organizations, and most jobs are just looking for someone with any degree rather than a particular one. My advice is to think with your heart and do something you have a passion for. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Graduates from UCL's Globalisation programme have gone into a lot of things - consulting, international business, NGO's etc

I'd say go for it if you're really interested in that kind of stuff.
Reply 3
Original post by Mr. Confused
Hey guys and gals,

I'll keep it short. The study of Globalisation has been a big passion of mine, predominantly because of my undergraduate degree. I would love the opportunity to study it further at an awesome Uni, such as UCL. Is this really going to help me in the job market though? It's not exactly vocational, but UCL states that it could lead to careers in the government and international relations (which is definitely a goal of mine). What do you guys think? Should I be thinking with my head rather than my heart?

Currently on track for a first, mulling over the application form...They state that they'll take applications until September.

Thanks for all your help.

Hey, have you ended up going to UCL MSc Globalisation? I have an offer, but both living in London and the course are really expensive, so I want to make sure it deffinietly worth it. Would you reccomend it? Also I am planning to do it part-time so I could work aswell to cover my expenses. Do you think that would possible or the work load would be stilll too much to work about 20-25 hours a week?

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending