The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by Arsey
Revision Notes

Another good tip is that

Var = Sxx / n

The reason this is useful is that Sxx is given in the formulae book

Hi i was wondering if you have made notes in this format for Edexcel C3 as these notes are amazing

thanks
Reply 1481
not sure, will check. Had some M1 ones done neatly
Reply 1482
Hi Arsey, just wondering what the 'a' stands for in your revision notes (2nd part) on Normal Distribution where you say 'use %age points probability table if you know probability > a'...

Thanks
with normal distribution some values P(X>a) can be read from the second table which works for > values
(edited 12 years ago)
frequency of desired group/frequency we got x Area we got = Area of histogram of desired group
Class width of desired group/ Cw of group we got x Width= Width of desired group
Width of desired group x h= Area of histogram (part 1)
Thats how I'm going to do histograms, that is what I gathered how to do them from mark schemes
Original post by destruction
frequency of desired group/frequency we got x Area we got = Area of histogram of desired group
Class width of desired group/ Cw of group we got x Width= Width of desired group
Width of desired group x h= Area of histogram (part 1)
Thats how I'm going to do histograms, that is what I gathered how to do them from mark schemes

Could you please help me with question 8.g) from the June 2011 S1 paper? :smile: You seem to know S1 really well! :smile:

I worked out the possibilities of Jess winning as:

P(555) = 0.008
P(551) = 0.01
P(515) = 0.01
P(155) = 0.01
TOTAL 0.038

The answer is 0.064, apparently. :frown: Could you tell me where I am going wrong if possible please? :smile:

Thanks in advance, +rep. :biggrin:
Reply 1486
Is there a C1 thread like this one which includes all the past papers and mark schemes?
Putting thread on watch ^ Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Arsey
Model Answers

There AMAZING! thank you so much - is there anywhere i can find model solutions for C2 papers? Thanks!
Reply 1489
Hi, you know the group of tests 00-10, i really found it useful is there one like that , all groupd together, for c3 and c4
? thnks
Hey I got the EDEXCEL revision book, and CD, but when looking for Solutions help It didnt seem to hav any thing. Can Anyone help, Ive tried downloading the CD on the net but all the sites turn out dodgy
Is there an S2 thread like this I can't find it!
Reply 1492
S1 tomorrow.

If the snow is really bad I will not get hold of the paper until Monday I am afraid.
Just wondering what equations I need to remember for probability, or is it best to learn them all? :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending