The Student Room Group

I find m1 harder than c3

...I think il have to go through the whole book again, its puzzle after puzzle, does anyone know how to tackle these problems?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just do d5 instead yooo thats the easiest
Reply 2
Your wrong.
Reply 3
I found some physics textbooks explain M1 problems better...
Reply 4
Original post by england123
just do d5 instead yooo thats the easiest

I cant just change subjects at this point, its coming close to examination time. Also i like m1 i just find it difficult.
I found M1 MUCH harder than C3... I'm even finding it harder than C4... I wanted to do S1 instead but apparently I'm not allowed to teach myself :angry:
I'm now facing my third M1 exam... still no more happier with the subject... although I understand vectors better this time around =] so one good thing
x
Reply 6
Haha I am the same... Are you doing Edexcel maths?

Yeah I need to go over M1 again...
Reply 7
Original post by nikki_aiyana
I found M1 MUCH harder than C3... I'm even finding it harder than C4... I wanted to do S1 instead but apparently I'm not allowed to teach myself :angry:
I'm now facing my third M1 exam... still no more happier with the subject... although I understand vectors better this time around =] so one good thing
x

Ah vectors... i need to get my head around chapter 3 and 2, they are the hardest in the book, because i took so long on them i had to rush vectors.
Reply 8
Original post by Clare65
Haha I am the same... Are you doing Edexcel maths?

Yeah I need to go over M1 again...

Yeah Edexcel. i should have done m1 after s1, instead i thought i would do it first since i was already more familiar with S1, now i find i have forgotten a lot.
Where can i find guides on explaining vectors :/
ahh M1...still am **** at it and I'm doing a degree in physics yo :K:
Constant repitition of various problems is your best bet of passing M1, OP.
Original post by Core
Ah vectors... i need to get my head around chapter 3 and 2, they are the hardest in the book, because i took so long on them i had to rush vectors.

My teacher last year taught vectors weirdly and quickly so i didn't get my head round them... this year im focusing on the topics i know least so vectors and those stupid graphs :angry: I hate M1... I'm not a physicsy type person
x
I found M1 really easy. C3 was harder

Seriously, M1 is just practising the same principles. Once you get it. It is a piece of cake.
I got an A for M1.

Envy me.
Reply 14
Original post by captnibby1234
ahh M1...still am **** at it and I'm doing a degree in physics yo :K:
Constant repitition of various problems is your best bet of passing M1, OP.

Lol..
Reply 15
Original post by Core
...I think il have to go through the whole book again, its puzzle after puzzle, does anyone know how to tackle these problems?

Forget the book and use this resource:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/A-Level-maths-tutorials/index.php

He also goes through past papers (Assuming you do edexcel)

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk/a-level-maths-papers/Edexcel/Mechanics/Mechanics-M1/M1-Papers.php

The first time I took M1 I used books to revise, and got an E in the exam and had to resit M1, when I use this website to revise I got a high A in the exam.
Me too.

Just keep trying, OP. I got an E first time, resat and got a D, now I actually understand it and am resitting again.

Meanwhile I have A's in most of my other modules and a B in C3 (resitting)
Reply 17
Original post by Core

Don't worry about it , I found M1 a lot harder than C3, it's a completely different mind-set which is really difficult to get into, particularly, as i found, if you don't do physics.
I'd try past exam papers rather than going through the book again, the way many of the questions in the book are asked is completely different to the exam and by doing past papers you will spot patterns in the questions. Also, use this: examsolutions.co.uk This guy is a genius, his solutions are really easy to understand and it's helped me a lot. Good Luck, if you have any more questions just ask:smile:

Unfortunately, due to 'timetabling' I have to do M2 this summer:mad:
Reply 18
I found C3 much easier than i'm finding M1 too. I found C3 easier than C2 though :tongue:
Kinda wish i'd done M1 last year though so I could've maybe had the option to resit it and have done D1 this year instead.
Reply 19
Original post by DorianGrayism
I found M1 really easy. C3 was harder

Seriously, M1 is just practising the same principles. Once you get it. It is a piece of cake.

The only part of c3 i found hard was chapter 7, 6 was like a preview of what was ahead and 8 was a continuation (i would have found 8 harder if i didn't get to grips with 7)

Quick Reply

Latest