The Student Room Group

a black man talks honestly about white slavery.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by humanrights
truth hurts......

Lol! Yeah, sure.
Reply 81
Original post by patrickedore
In my opinion our society does not promote anti-white racism instead the media seem to be promoting Islamophobia. I dont seem to come across anti white propaganda in the western world really. Maybe things are different in your area.

Agreed. I wonder where s/he lives...
Reply 82
Original post by EskimoJo
Lol!!!!!!! What are you saying?! So Nazi Germany was unacceptable to Germans and none of them went along with it?

no, i am saying that in modern britain the jews would be condemning themselves by agreeing with and promoting certain conspiracy theories.....

example, imagine if the jews had agreed with the nazis that they were the most evil people on earth?

white people today actually agree with this insult and worse they attack people who contradict it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 83
Why were the Whites there? And it is without question that those who refused to sell their captives were killed. If the market was not there, the traders would have (and did) raid for slaves. That's how the vast majority of slaves are gained, through raids. Nothing like the Holocaust.

In fairness, the Whites weren't there for slaves originally, but land, and slavery was just an added bonus.

Agreed. I think the main problem is that when it 'ended' Whites were on top and Blacks were at the bottom, so they feel the cost of what Whites they now lived side by side with did to them and their ancestors more than they feel the hurt of what some poverty stricken, 'backward', faceless Africans did a longer time ago.

This, I think is the main problem that the OP is ignoring. Yes, every race has committed slavery and heinous acts towards their slaves, but Whites actually enslaved an entire race on the basis of being from that race. They used their religious doctrine to promote the idea that Blacks were less than Whites and thus worth only something as slaves. It's not that Whites were not enslaved or Arabs weren't enslaved, it's that in an era when Whites did not enslave Whites, they did enslave Blacks and purely based on race.
Reply 84
In my opinion our society does not promote anti-white racism instead the media seem to be promoting Islamophobia. I dont seem to come across anti white propaganda in the western world really. Maybe things are different in your area.

when was the last time you saw the phrase 'white people' in the media without negative connotations?
(edited 13 years ago)
Please see the word 'only'. Look it up in a dictionary if you must. If you struggle with that, please don't bother butting in to my discussion with someone else again. Thanks.

Well, it was reasonable to interpret your assertion to mean that you didn't think black slavers played a role in the trade simply because the tone of your post was, intentionally, I believe, exaggerated and somewhat sarcastic.

I apologize if I misinterpreted you, and am glad you do accept that fact that the slave trade was made possible by other Africans.
Reply 86
Original post by Hylean
In fairness, the Whites weren't there for slaves originally, but land, and slavery was just an added bonus.

This, I think is the main problem that the OP is ignoring. Yes, every race has committed slavery and heinous acts towards their slaves, but Whites actually enslaved an entire race on the basis of being from that race. They used their religious doctrine to promote the idea that Blacks were less than Whites and thus worth only something as slaves. It's not that Whites were not enslaved or Arabs weren't enslaved, it's that in an era when Whites did not enslave Whites, they did enslave Blacks and purely based on race.

whites actually enslaved a race based on their race?

your comment is as ignorant and as offensive as i have ever heard. but in all earnestness, where exactly did you learn such things? are you under 20? i ask because i am worried that the secondary school curriculum is creating race hate.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by Wucker
Well, it was reasonable to interpret your assertion to mean that you didn't think black slavers played a role in the trade simply because the tone of your post was, intentionally, I believe, exaggerated and somewhat sarcastic.

I apologize if I misinterpreted you, and am glad you do accept that fact that the slave trade was made possible by other Africans.

Of course it was. Any Black person worth their salt knows that black Africans were treated worse by Arabs than by Whites and that slavery existed in Africa (and everywhere else) before the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Suggesting that every slave was paid for (none were taken) and that there wouldn't have been any Black slaves taken by Whites if Blacks had refused to sell them is misleading and insulting.
Reply 88
no, i am saying that in modern britain the jews would be condemning themselves by agreeing with and promoting certain conspiracy theories.....

example, imagine if the jews had agreed with the nazis that they were the most evil people on earth?

white people today actually agree with this insult and worse they attack people who contradict it.

If they had agreed, they would have killed themselves. Sorry, the two things are completely different. Black people did not sell their slaves because they felt they were the most evil people or whatever.
Reply 89
Of course it was. Any Black person worth their salt knows that black Africans were treated worse by Arabs than by Whites and that slavery existed in Africa (and everywhere else) before the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
Suggesting that every slave was paid for (none were taken) and that there wouldn't have been any Black slaves taken by Whites if Blacks had refused to sell them is misleading and insulting.

so how would europeans and jews have got the slaves then if not for african assistance?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 90
If they had agreed, they would have killed themselves. Sorry, the two things are completely different. Black people did not sell their slaves because they felt they were the most evil people or whatever.

no, i am making a different point. i am saying that whites like to believe that they are the most evil race. they actively promote such an idea, and when someone like myself says otherwise other whites immediately attack me and call me names.

its bizarre to say the least. this self loathing is unique to white people.
Reply 91
when was the last time you saw the phrase 'white people' in the media without negative connotations?

I've honestly never seen the media even use the terms "white people". Are there examples?
Reply 92
Original post by Hylean

They came with their slave ships to look at land? :curious:

In some ways it can be looked on as a positive that Blacks didn't see colour, they just saw slaves/the captives or their rival tribes in that it meant they weren't as racist. But I think it's a shame that while others wouldn't sell 'their own people' to other races as slaves, Blacks did. Unless I'm wrong. I don't know that much about slavery in Asia or elsewhere. It seems that Blacks were, and still are, very tribalist. Tribal warfare is as bad as slavery, although it has been made worse by colonisation. *sigh* Why can't we all just get along?
Reply 93
so how would europeans and jews have got the slaves then if not for african assistance?

How did the Africans get their slaves?
Reply 94
I've honestly never seen the media even use the terms "white people". Are there examples?

white people are the overwhelming majority in this society, so why haven't you ever heard them mentioned?
Reply 95
They came with their slave ships to look at land? :curious:

In some ways it can be looked on as a positive that Blacks didn't see colour, they just saw slaves/the captives or their rival tribes in that it meant they weren't as racist. But I think it's a shame that while others wouldn't sell 'their own people' to other races as slaves, Blacks did. Unless I'm wrong. I don't know that much about slavery in Asia or elsewhere. It seems that Blacks were, and still are, very tribalist. Tribal warfare is as bad as slavery, although it has been made worse by colonisation. *sigh* Why can't we all just get along?

i agree.
Reply 96
How did the Africans get their slaves?

they captured other tribes.........
Reply 97
no, i am making a different point. i am saying that whites like to believe that they are the most evil race. they actively promote such an idea, and when someone like myself says otherwise other whites immediately attack me and call me names.

its bizarre to say the least. this self loathing is unique to white people.

' this racist idea that european threatened to massacre blacks is so evil you may as well blame the holocaust on the jews.' - this is when we (well, you) started comparing it to the Holocaust. So you're now comparing it to the Holocaust in another way? It's confusing if you keep using the Holocaust as your example.
I completely disagree that Whites like to believe they are the most evil race. I'd also disagree that any such loathing or 'self-hate' is unique to White people...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 98
they captured other tribes.........

And Europeans and Jews (Jews???) would have found this impossible to do of course... No Black African was every captured by a White person... Right. :rolleyes:
Reply 99
white people are the overwhelming majority in this society, so why haven't you ever heard them mentioned?

Because they are the norm, they are just people. Like in Western books, you never see people described and being White/Caucasian. They are the default and it is assumed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending