The Student Room Group

Cilest - weight gain

Deleted
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Smem
I've been on cilest for 3 months and nearly everything's been great on it. On microgynon my periods were heavy and painful, my moods were up and down and my skin was breaking out all the time. Cilest has cured all of that and I feel so much more confident now because of my skin (for the first time since puberty its lovely and soft and clear!).

BUT I've gone from a size 8 to a size 10 in the space of 3 months. Its particularly my hips. They seem to have accumulated fat and stick out horribly out of proportion with my 32A boobs! I used to be able to wear tight dresses and tops but now they look really awful! I can't wear any of my bodycon dresses anymore because all I see is my hips sticking out weirdly.
The odd thing is, I'm sure I haven't been eating significantly more since I've been on cilest. If anything its less because of exam stress and going home for the Easter holidays (where my mum cooked me small healthy meals!).

Has anyone else experienced this? I need some tips on shifting this weight as its really getting me down, especially as I finish my final exams of uni in a couple of weeks and id have loved to have been able to wear my fitted going out dresses :frown:

It's probably not what you wanted to hear, but I was on Cilest for about 2 years and never gained any weight (I was lucky maybe, though my boobs did get bigger!) I did, however, gain weight after my exams a few years back - it might just be exam stress and worrying, don't worry about it too much, once your exams are over you can start exercising and lose the weight! :smile:
Reply 2
I'm about to go on Cilest so will be interested to see if I get this side effect. The pill doesn't directly make you put on weight, it just increases your appetitie, so if you monitor your calorie intake you should be able to regain your size 8 figure.
Reply 3
I have gained weight since I've been on cilest (the same time I've been at uni) but that's because I've eaten loads more and unhealthily at uni :P
Reply 4

I didnt gain weight anywhere else but my boobs and butt became significantly bigger.
My boobs going up about 3 sizes..

Turns out I did ;- ;
(edited 11 years ago)
Well I've currently lost about ten pounds (on a shred for summer)
and it hasn't been detrimental to my weight loss. :smile:
i have put about 10 pounds on since being on cilest, my boobs are now really big, veiny and swollen. i also don't usually have bad break outs on my skin but they have got very bad as well. I've only been on the this pill for 7 days. i don't recommend it at all.:o:(
Original post by blueeyes64
i have put about 10 pounds on since being on cilest, my boobs are now really big, veiny and swollen. i also don't usually have bad break outs on my skin but they have got very bad as well. I've only been on the this pill for 7 days. i don't recommend it at all.:o:(

I've just started the same pill too and everything seems to be fine for me! All I can say is give it a few weeks to settle maybe and see what happens? Your body is probably just trying to adjust! But obviously you know your symptoms better so if you're really concerned I'd go back and ask for a change in pill! Your health should always come first! Hope you start feeling better as such soon though! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliecandlin
I've just started the same pill too and everything seems to be fine for me! All I can say is give it a few weeks to settle maybe and see what happens? Your body is probably just trying to adjust! But obviously you know your symptoms better so if you're really concerned I'd go back and ask for a change in pill! Your health should always come first! Hope you start feeling better as such soon though! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

lots of people seem to be different on this pill, i completely agree when you say about letting my body settle down but Its very odd that its only been one week and I've put on 10 pounds. I'm sick of coming on and off pills I'm worried its going to mess up my hormones, so i might re-think my opinions. thank you x x

Quick Reply

Latest