The Student Room Group

Twentysomething by Jamie Cullum - worst successful album ever?

Removing albums sung by Autotune and not considering albums I have no desire to listen to (like Fall Out Boy At The Disco and Westlife), is TwentySomething the worst successful album? Don't you think it's terrible?

I listened to Pointlessly Nostalgic, his pre-fame album. I have it, I like it. I like that kind of music.

But what the hell? He isn't even singing. It's just... talking?-like-singing The vocals are awful. It's lazy, it's like he couldn't be bothered to sing for me. Or he's trying harder to be cool than a Rihanna - Lady Gaga duet with Britney dancing in the background.

The album doesn't get started anywhere, it's like a Lighthouse Family song and even their songs can be good.

So many covers too.

Sorry, I just felt compelled to tell you this. It's just so bad, yet so critically acclaimed. Just remove this... thing from my existence!
(edited 12 years ago)
Listening to Jamie Cullum is what I imagine sticking needles in my eyes would feel like but much, much worse.
Reply 2
who's jamie cullum?
No. It would take a pretty ****ing abismal album to top any of the Blink-182 stuff.
Reply 4
You've basically said 'this is the worst successful album, apart from all those other bad successful albums'... :holmes:
Reply 5
Original post by Sonny_J_D
You've basically said 'this is the worst successful album, apart from all those other bad successful albums'... :holmes:

You've basically over-analysed a comment on the music forum of a student website somewhere on the internet. :colonhash:
Where are you finding all this 'critical acclaim'? because I don't remember it being critically acclaimed in the slightest...
No. U2 exist.
My GCSE music teacher literally would not stop masturbating over Jamie Cullum, all cos he came to our school to do this performance and ever since then she thought he was some sort of god.

My disike of jazz aside, her constantly reiteration of his amazingness made me hate him.
Reply 9
Original post by 69Crazyfists
No. It would take a pretty ****ing abismal album to top any of the Blink-182 stuff.

If you are under the illusion that what you have just said here is true, then you have ABSOLUTELY no respect, appreciation or understanding of music at even a basic level. I'm sorry to break this to you.
Original post by my9rides
If you are under the illusion that what you have just said here is true, then you have ABSOLUTELY no respect, appreciation or understanding of music at even a basic level. I'm sorry to break this to you.

Boohoo, did I upset a fanboy? If you think they're some sort of musical idols then I question your understanding of music tbh.

Also, it's at this point I should remind you that there is no 'true' answer, because music is subjective. My opinion is that neither Hoppus or Delonge can sing (mainly Delonge who has the most annoying voice since the dawn of time) and there music is poor and unoriginal.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest