The Student Room Group

GCSE WJEC English Langauge Paper 1 Exam 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Not too bad.... think I repeated a few points though and missed out a couple of important ones!!!
oh lord.

no offence to anyone that did like it, but the comprehension was awful :|
and the titles on section B were so limited and kinda based around similar things :/
mega fail !
Reply 22

It went terribly :/ Ughh.. I guess I'm going to have to retake.
Original post by Benmaster
It went terribly :/ Ughh.. I guess I'm going to have to retake.

any idea on the price?

I may need to retake as well.
Once again I was pushed for time and ended up missing out a question on Section A :/ Did not go so well. Hopefully I scratched a B and will do better in the Non-Fiction. *sigh*
ugghh, section A question 4 (A4) i messed up on big time.. struggled to interpret it or even write about it!
Reply 26
Advice.. do not drink a water before your exams... I had to leave to use the toilet and I didnt get the time back
what stories did everyone write??
Wrote about "When a friend let you down" basically based the girl off my ex and put in a soppy love story. It was pretty meh. But I did do well on B1 the description, hopefully picked up around 18 marks on that question >.<
what kind of adjectives/words did you use to describe the classroom?? 18/20 :O very ambitious are we :wink:
Did a story before hand about chasing a bee and mess the house up... mum is unlocking the door and then i had a handheld time machine in my pocket and turned back time so she didnt find out..
Found Section A difficult, esp A3 and A4... Hopefully i scraped a B
yeah A4 was extremely tricky. I didnt know what to put, so i just expressed my opinion.. Something like... it makes me feel sad because "the boys died on the warfield", i'm a boy and its hard to believe people my age are fighting for their country...
something like that lool
Original post by Mikes143
Advice.. do not drink a water before your exams... I had to leave to use the toilet and I didnt get the time back

I have also learned this from experience. Unfortunately the invigilator didn't let me go to the toilet so I just pissed myself in the exam.
Reply 33
I chose the arrival- It was about a social worker who arrives at a house because of complaints received about neglect and abuse. The mother is a drug addict and a alcoholic. The children try to convince me that the mother is ok and just sleeping, but I dont believe them and take them away. I am left feeling bad but I know I saved them in the long run.
I just about finished in time, like 1 second before. i had to end the story with ...and because i went back in time she never found out
for the last few mins i was shaking like a crack addict without crack
i kept slipping to past tense in section A, and in b1 i wrote about the children dipping their hands in paint and making hand prints on a large canvas... i thought that B2 was quite easy they gave a few titles that i was sure i could write about but i did the 'i thought it was a dream come true, but it didn't turn out that way'... something like that but i only had 3 lines of dialogue, is that enough?
itsmehello i did the same as you.. although i didnt give it a title!?!
also, dialogue isnt that necessary.. i did about 3 lines aswel..
also, is tense important in section A?
i didnt even focus or think about that in the least!!
oh cool, well my teacher told me that we should stick to present tense in section A
like '.....' this impies rather than implied but im not too sure if its that important
how much did you write for the descriptive? and what kind of stuff/adjectives did you use
any idea whats on the paper on wednesday.. informal letter/ formal ? Article ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending