The Student Room Group

Will I get disqualified from my exam??

In my as business studies exam today, i forgot to hand in my iPod which was uncharged and completely dead BTW. However I did hand in my phone. Anyway with about 10 minutes to go in the exam my iPod fell out of my pocket and obviously the invigilator saw and took it.

Do you think i will get disqualified? I'm on course for an A, as i have already achieved an A grade in the coursework which is worth 66%.

I've heard you can apparently get off with a written rebuke or something. Will I be able to re-take that particular exam if I do get disqualified or will I get disqualified completely?

Scroll to see replies

Explain your situation (written rebuke, ie). Also, your ipod was uncharged and dead. Though the invigilators may come off as idiots, I doubt they won't mention that. Did you try to talk to them about it afterwards?
Reply 2
i think it really does depends on the invigilators, in one of my exams i arrived fairly late and rushed and sat down and had a turned off phone in my pocket. At the end of the exam I put pens in my pocket which pushed the on button and an irritating, embarrassing noise happened.

I confessed straight away and luckily common sense prevailed and I got away with it.
So I suppose it's looking good for you.

Hope it's okay
Reply 3
I talked to them, they said they have to report it, the woman said the fact that I handed in my phone would go in my favour.

What do you think will happen?
Original post by Mr.mAddd
In my as business studies exam today, i forgot to hand in my iPod which was uncharged and completely dead BTW. However I did hand in my phone. Anyway with about 10 minutes to go in the exam my iPod fell out of my pocket and obviously the invigilator saw and took it.

Do you think i will get disqualified? I'm on course for an A, as i have already achieved an A grade in the coursework which is worth 66%.

I've heard you can apparently get off with a written rebuke or something. Will I be able to re-take that particular exam if I do get disqualified or will I get disqualified completely?

Yes. You're dead mate. Bad luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Gallant92

Original post by Gallant92
i think it really does depends on the invigilators, in one of my exams i arrived fairly late and rushed and sat down and had a turned off phone in my pocket. At the end of the exam I put pens in my pocket which pushed the on button and an irritating, embarrassing noise happened.

I confessed straight away and luckily common sense prevailed and I got away with it.
So I suppose it's looking good for you.

Hope it's okay

The invigilator took my name down and said she would have to pass it on to the exams officer or something. I can't believe this sh/t happened to me ffs

I hope to god i don't get disqualified
Reply 6
Original post by Ojos Abiertos

i could just get a written warning on file, i heard its happened to others apparently
Just see what happens and stop worrying about it. The fact you handed in your phone will go in your favour but it's up to the exam people what happens it's out of your control so it's best not to worry. Just wait to see what they say, not much else you can do about it really. Good luck though, I'm sure it'll all work out fine! :smile:
Reply 8

this is actually my worst nightmare. hope you get it all sorted out! :s-smilie:
Reply 9
I talked to them, they said they have to report it, the woman said the fact that I handed in my phone would go in my favour.

What do you think will happen?

What fu*king a*sholes man. I feel bad for you. I absoloutely hate people like that. You proved to them you were genuine when you gave in your phone and the battery was dead anyway. What the hell is their problem? These type of people need to get a grip. What a miserable existence they have. I'm so angry about that and Im not even you
Reply 10

Original post by BTNH
What fu*king a*sholes man. I feel bad for you. I absoloutely hate people like that. You proved to them you were genuine when you gave in your phone and the battery was dead anyway. What the hell is their problem? These type of people need to get a grip. What a miserable existence they have. I'm so angry about that and Im not even you

thanks for the support. Do you think I will get disqualified??
Reply 11
Original post by LiviD

Original post by LiviD
this is actually my worst nightmare. hope you get it all sorted out! :s-smilie:

it's my worst nightmare to, but not anymore coz it actually f*ucking happened!!!
Reply 12

I dont think you will since when you appeal you can prove it was out of battery. Its just the principle and how horrible these bastards can be.
If I was the invigilator, I will just ignore it. Coz a)you handed you're phone and may forgotten to hand ur ipod because of nervousness or blank mindedness, which happens a lot during exams. b)it was dead when he found it (you should have said that you are willing to turn on the ipod and let them see that theres no cheat stuffs in there). c) you wont get disqualified, my mate got reported because of being too noisy during the exams. BUt he still got an A* :/
Reply 14

Original post by BTNH
I dont think you will since when you appeal you can prove it was out of battery. Its just the principle and how horrible these bastards can be.

how am i meant to appeal? do i have to wait for the exam boards decision first of all? also how i am suppose to prove it was out of battery?
Reply 15

No I don't think you will. In my school someones phone went off in their pocket and all they got was a bit of a telling off.
What? Nooo.

If the invigilator is reasonable then you should be OK.

Go and explain yourself to them, tell then that the battery is dead, ask them to turn it on, tell them that if they want you will give them the charger so they can charge it and check you havn't got notes or anything on there.

If you cooperate with them then I can't see you having that much of a problem and will probably end up just with a stern telling off!
Reply 18
Original post by the_neg_master_
If I was the invigilator, I will just ignore it. Coz a)you handed you're phone and may forgotten to hand ur ipod because of nervousness or blank mindedness, which happens a lot during exams. b)it was dead when he found it (you should have said that you are willing to turn on the ipod and let them see that theres no cheat stuffs in there). c) you wont get disqualified, my mate got reported because of being too noisy during the exams. BUt he still got an A* :/

I told them that it was dead, and the I think the woman believed me, but she still said that had to report it. Do you really think I won't get disqualified?
Reply 19
Original post by mackemforever
If the invigilator is reasonable then you should be OK.

Go and explain yourself to them, tell then that the battery is dead, ask them to turn it on, tell them that if they want you will give them the charger so they can charge it and check you havn't got notes or anything on there.

If you cooperate with them then I can't see you having that much of a problem and will probably end up just with a stern telling off!

the woman gave me my ipod back straight away though, and said that she still had to report it. She believed me when I said it was dead and she saw it anyhow.

Quick Reply

Latest