The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Personally i like cambridge more than oxford...

I think oxford city has more modern architecture than cambridge....being a visitor to both cities i felt that noticeable difference...
I like the urban nature of Oxford, but King's College Cambridge and also Trinity College are the nicest.
probably oxbridge
Reply 4
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but which is which? I'm guessing the top is Oxford?
Oxford of course! :yep: :ninja: :yep:
Reply 6
I really like the Botanic Garden and the Radcliffe Camera in Oxford. Oxford also has the advantage of Blackwell's bookshop.

However, Cambridge has the Round Church, which is nice, and I really like the streets. Although I really like walking in Oxford too.

I think Oxford gets my vote : )
Reply 7
Oxford!
Reply 8
Oxbridge.
They're both equally pretty.

I think Oxford has more 'ugly' areas, though.
Reply 10
Thread needs a poll! I've only been to Oxford so can't answer but my dad says Oxford's got nothing on Cambridge.
Cambridge, because Oxford City Centre has more ugly 60s buildings spread throughout it - Cambridge at least just keeps them stretched out between the station and the centre! Really, though, it's just a complete matter of preference since they're both very pretty, historic cities. But of course, Cambridge is superior ;-)
Reply 12
I think I'd concede that Cambridge is marginally prettier (Oxford can be a little overbearing), but that's not to say that Oxford is not exceptionally beautiful.

Oxford is slightly more impressive and spectacular imo

oxford by far!!! Cambridges architecture has less uniformity than oxford. the oxford colleges of Christ Church, Magdalen are far more beautiful than the Cambridge colleges, King's college can compete with those two the others are outclassed.
Reply 14
Camford.
Reply 15
Original post by tite23
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but which is which? I'm guessing the top is Oxford?

The top is indeed Oxford.
Original post by tite23

Yep the top pic is Oxford and the bottom is Cambridge (You can see King's Chapel in it :smile:)
Definitely Cambridge. It's such a gorgeous city.

(though Oxford is pretty nice as well)
Oxford. :daydreaming: Although Cambridge also looks amazing, Oxford was more intimidating and overbearing which did the trick. :daydreaming:
Cambridge of course! (Although Oxford is really pretty though)

Latest

Trending

Trending