The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
rich smith ‏@rsmiffy20091h
@MarcoCapuano14 you coming to villa?

Marco Capuano ‏@MarcoCapuano141h
@rsmiffy2009 yet nothing concrete but I'd love to! the dream is related to that!
Maybe it is just interest atm then...
Reply 3982
Benteke hat-trick before half time. Looks like we might get our first pre-season win!
Reply 3983
5-1 in the end.

Fingers crossed we hit the ground running at the start of the season.
Highlights are only available on AVTV aren't they?
Looks like our starting XI played tonight.

Great to see El Ahmadi back in the starting line-up instead of Delph. :yes:
Original post by boumavilla
Looks like our starting XI played tonight.

Great to see El Ahmadi back in the starting line-up instead of Delph. :yes:

Can't see it myself. Either Delph or Sylla will be in with Westwood.
Reply 3988
I personally dislike Delph and I think it's a shame he plays so often he's better suited to a champion division team
Reply 3989
Assignment Writing Help There are business reports which may include company relate data, facts or some essential flowcharts.

Reply 3991
Original post by boumavilla
PRSOM. :yep:

Doze goals. :sogood:

Dat screamer.

Honestly liked the look of how we played. Amazing pass from KEA too. I'm so optimistic for next season. Hopefully the bubble doesn't get burst.
Original post by Aust1n
Dat screamer.

Honestly liked the look of how we played. Amazing pass from KEA too. I'm so optimistic for next season. Hopefully the bubble doesn't get burst.

El Ahmadi impressing is good imo, he deserved more playing time last season and we need a wiser head in midfield. Hopefully he'll adjust better to the Premier League pace this season.

We're all the wiser after last season, the only way is up after that... :tongue:
Reply 3993
Gomis and Remy being linked with Newcastle. It's looking more difficult to offload Bent. ¬_¬
Original post by one2three_abc
Missed 23! I like your thinking. Really like your thinking. We need one anyway, were useless creatively against Luton. I suppose we were useless anyway. Clark and Vlaar with another howler.

And yes, Bent is apparently on more than £100k p/w. I thought it was less, but apparently it was £80-90k p/w with a relegation survival bonus of £20k p/w. Need shot of them all quickly, although I feel sorry for them. Ireland genuinely looked gutted and unsure of his future when he was recorded by some kid outside BMH.

Bent has a basic salary of £65k p/w. There are appearance fees and goal bonuses on top of that but it's no where near £100k.
Original post by jackf1337
Bent has a basic salary of £65k p/w. There are appearance fees and goal bonuses on top of that but it's no where near £100k.

Yeah that's what the press say and hence what is reported in most places, when in reality they haven't got the foggiest. The press also reported our transfer fees as wildly different to what they actually were when Lambert spoke about them.

According to a quite reliable source online (which I can no longer locate) he was on around £90k p/w originally, and then this was bumped up after his first 6 months as per the contract due to his exceptional performance helping us avoid relegation.

The high wage would make complete sense, as a player valued at £24 m would be expecting such a wage. Our wages at the time were also sky high. Players like Dunne on 50k p/w. Agbonlahor on more that that I think. Young on mid-high 60k. He was also a complete panic buy, hence pay him what he asks. Stan Collymore has also said numerous times that Bent is on £100k.
(edited 10 years ago)
Lol, but Football Manager says he's on £65k a week, and Football Manager knows all! :adore:
Walsall tomorrow.
We're getting closer.....the wait is nearly over :biggrin:
Reply 3999
I'm going tomorrow. I've never been to Walsall away, i'm looking forward to it

Latest