The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by little_wizard123
I got 11 games in 08/09 :sexface:. I guess it depends on how many season tickets they've already sold and how Villa are doing.

I'm hoping to get 12 games :smile:
Reply 581
The u19s play their first game in the NextGen tournament tonight, which is basically the Champions League for the youth teams off Europe. Ajax away, and they're letting people in for free - no word of any live coverage though, highlights will be on AVTV. I think the Liverpool match is on their channel or something.

Villa's NextGen fixtures

Wed Aug 17 - Ajax v Villa [De Toekomst, 6.30pm]
Wed Sep 28 - Villa v Fenerbahce [Villa Park, 7pm]
Wed Oct 26 - Fenerbahce v Villa [Venue/time, TBC]
Wed Nov 2 - Villa v Rosenborg [Villa Park, 7pm]
Wed Nov 9 - Rosenborg v Villa [Venue/time, TBC]
Tue Nov 22 - Villa v Ajax [Villa Park, 7pm]

No word on ticketing for the home games, other than they will be at VP. Doubt they'll be free, but would be nice if its free for ST holders

Darren Bent has an 'Entertainment Blog' on the OS today, turns out he is a right comic book and computer game loving nerd :h:
Reply 582
Tickets for the Anfield game are a fiver in.
Reply 583

Original post by L18
Tickets for the Anfield game are a fiver in.

Was looking at seeing if I could get there myself :yep:

Any ideas on what sort of line ups we are going to put out for this?
Reply 584
Original post by Mess.
Was looking at seeing if I could get there myself :yep:

Any ideas on what sort of line ups we are going to put out for this?

IT'd be a total guess.

I'm just hoping to get a good glimpse of what Raheem, Suso, Morgan, Coady and Moli look like against decent opposition.
Reply 585
Have Liverpool not put the squad on the site or anything? Do they play today aswell? The Villa squad is a good one (below), I'm looking foward to the home matches

VILLA: Siegrist, Barrett; Caira, Nelson-Addy, Williams, Bryan, Webb, Batemen; Cameron, Carruthers, Johnson, Graham, Juan Serrano; Taylor, Burke, Darkin, Robinson.

Look forward to seeing Jordan Graham, hear lots of very very good things about him.
Reply 586
Shame we got beaten last night. Ajax have a great academy so it can be expected. I'm sure we'll do a bit better against some of the other teams.
Off to Villa Park today, COME ON VILLA
Reply 588
I love playing Blackburn :biggrin:

Has anyone actually counted the number of times we've played them in the last couple of years?, its got to be like 15 times or something
Can we play them every week, seriously we won't have an easier win than that today, Blackburn looked like they had too many chickens before the game.
We are top of the league, say we are top of the league.
Not a bad start to the season..let's hope we can string a few more wins like today's together and it could be a good season! McCleish looks like he'll prove the doubters wrong!

UTV
TOP OF THE LEAGUE :party:

:bhangra::woohoo::woo::excited::yum::ahee::gah::coma::sogood::sexface::dice:
We are top of the league :biggrin:
Reply 594
Original post by Joluk
I love playing Blackburn :biggrin:

Has anyone actually counted the number of times we've played them in the last couple of years?, its got to be like 15 times or something

I think it's about nine now. Don't think we have lost one of them. :biggrin:
Reply 595
Having been fortunate to attend El Clasico midweek, I was a little worried about how disappointed I would be at Villa Park yesterday. I have to say that the first half was really pleasantly surprising, we played football like a real unit with an emphasis on passing that was really refreshing to see in a Villa team. N'zogbia looks every bit as good as he should, and once the rest of the attack gets used to his ideas and gets into the right positions he's going to be providing an awful lot of assists to Bent and Co. The second half was a lot more sedentary, probably due to the disappearance of Gabby, but when Bannan came on he really brought the tempo back up, which was great to see. And Delph, who I've often lambasted in the past, played really well. The referee was just terrible though, particularly at the point where Gabby got injured. Just what the hell does a goalie have to do to give a foul away? Gabby was first to the ball, at which point Robinson jumped over the top of him and clattered him to the ground, and got a free kick for it. Madness.

Also, in my local near the ground there were barmats advertising defence solicitors who used the tagline "wouldn't you prefer to not know the maximum tariff?" and stated that their aim was to get you off with just a caution, which I found a little amusing.
Reply 596
Where did Gabby pull that one out from? Blackburn seem to get worse everytime I see them, which is really some acheivement. Marc was poor again, bit worrying.
Gabby's goal was ridiculous. If Suarez or Carroll had done it Hansen would have jizzed over Linekar's face live on air last night ffs :sexface:
Reply 598
Original post by hogso
Where did Gabby pull that one out from? Blackburn seem to get worse everytime I see them, which is really some acheivement. Marc was poor again, bit worrying.

It's because he's not starting!:mad:
Reply 599
Original post by Aust1n
It's because he's not starting!:mad:

Naw, he's not starting cos he's lacking form. Would like to see him start against Hereford though

Latest