The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by Aust1n
I'm not bothered about Liverpool or Chelsea. I think we could get four points off of them. Arsenal on the other hand, will tear us a new one if RVP stays fit.

McLeish seems to me a manager far more content to lose 1-0 than he is to try and risk getting a goal and occasionally ending up 3-0 down.
Reply 1281
Let's try that again

New signing any good? Don't know a huge amount about him, I think he's decent though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1283
Looks good but i guess you can never really tell. I think he plays as a second striker/winger, a bit like Young used to do before he left.
He could be the next Chris Herd :adore:
Reply 1285
Apparently Big Eck has his sights on that Russian forward who's getting all the goals for Fulham. If I were him, I'd stay there, they are higher in the league an' all... :beard:
Reply 1286
Typical, I start watching Eredivisie and we go and sign all the talent away. :shifty:
Reply 1287
Original post by hogso
Let's try that again

Sums the great man up!!
Villa are not going down.

The fans that go down there will see more terribly negative football but they are safe for this season at least.
Original post by little_wizard123
Oh, I didn't realise. Sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Beckford

Never heard of him before today. It's a shame really, 2 points from 4 games isn't really promotion form.

Thankfully the table is made up of the results of all the games, and we're very much in with a chance. This Saturdays game will go a long way to deciding how strong our play-off chances are.

Thought you'd have forgotten what form was after this season anyway. Draw Draw Lose Win Lose Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw.
Original post by original_username
Thankfully the table is made up of the results of all the games, and we're very much in with a chance. This Saturdays game will go a long way to deciding how strong our play-off chances are.

Thought you'd have forgotten what form was after this season anyway. Draw Draw Lose Win Lose Draw Draw Draw Draw Draw.

We're safe now. I wouldn't mind you guys getting promoted, I'd take the 6 points, and bragging rights are more effective when you're in the same league as us.
We're safe now. I wouldn't mind you guys getting promoted, I'd take the 6 points, and bragging rights are more effective when you're in the same league as us.

To be honest, this last year since we won you in the CC has seen very little bragging from the pink and baby blue side of the city :wink: There was a lot of banter when we got relegated but the Eck defection brought that to an abrupt end :tongue:

Oh and if I were a Villa fan I'd be gutted that you've become a club content on being 'safe'. You're better than that, and should demand more.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by original_username
To be honest, this last year since we won you in the CC has seen very little bragging from the pink and baby blue side of the city :wink: There was a lot of banter when we got relegated but the Eck defection brought that to an abrupt end :tongue:

Oh and if I were a Villa fan I'd be gutted that you've become a club content on being 'safe'. You're better than that, and should demand more.

The rivalry is a lot bigger when we're in the same division. Prefer you in the Prem tbh.

Not happy with being safe, but safe with 10 games to go is one less thing to worry about.
Reply 1293
The rivalry is a lot bigger when we're in the same division. Prefer you in the Prem tbh.

Not happy with being safe, but safe with 10 games to go is one less thing to worry about.

Sorry to be a pessimist but I still wouldn't class us as safe... :colondollar:
Original post by Aust1n
Sorry to be a pessimist but I still wouldn't class us as safe... :colondollar:

We're 11 points above 18th with GD on our side. I'd be confident in saying that 2 of these teams won't even get to 33 points, maybe all 3. They're awful.
Reply 1295
The match thread for the Arsenal game is up; please take discussion specifically regarding that game to this thread. :smile:

Also, as an Arsenal fan, I'm looking forward to the game; good luck. :biggrin:
Reply 1296
We're 11 points above 18th with GD on our side. I'd be confident in saying that 2 of these teams won't even get to 33 points, maybe all 3. They're awful.

How're you feeling about this now?
Original post by Aust1n
How're you feeling about this now?

Well tbh I didn't see the Bolton postponement coming, so we would've won that no problem, and we should be safe on 36 points.

Spoiler

Still confident though.
No passion, no direction, so negative. MCLEISH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Rock Fan
No passion, no direction, so negative. MCLEISH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's doing a brilliant job :tongue:

Latest