The Student Room Group

Haven't been paid from my job - WHAT CAN I DO?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Quoted froma review site..

You're employed by a bunch of con artists who probably have watchdog (BBC programme) up their arse.

Wheres your directors sited at? I wanna lock em in and burn the place down. :biggrin:

They're three gay men who travel to LA and Barbados every summer.
Original post by _MizzTerious_
Well, we know why this has happened.

:mad:
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
:mad:

Sorry. Tryna brighten the mood. :smile:

Which was an even stupider thing to say. Sorry.

Immature fifteen year old here.

I just thought it was a coincidence to occur on Friday the 13th?

Sorry (again)..
Reply 43
Why on earth will 3 peoples pay go in and not the rest of us :mad:

this depends on who you bank with, BACS takes slightly different times to clear depending on this. Lloyds tsb for example is quite slow.
Hi Guys,

Currently on my gap year, have a job 19k a year. Been working for the firm 6 months, however we are aware that where we work is going a little odd e.g bank accounts being frozen, some people not being paid etc. I have always been correctly on time.

Anywho on Friday the 13th I was due pay but didn't get it apparently they changed accounts and didn't get to pay or whatever just some randome excuse.

I and my colleagues (team of 9) who were taken as interns have littlerally had to call and email for the past two weeks like 'whats going on with our pay?!' We all said we will stay at home till we get paid (we couldn't afford food or travel anymore)

Anyway today after our 'strike' and just ALL the emails going back and forth we recieve an email saying we have all been paid. Go to the cash point NOPEE I have not been paid AT ALL.

Out of our team of 9 only 3 of us got paid today, when I informed them they said 'well 3 of the team have gotten pay keep checking :confused:'.

Friday will mark two weeks of not being paid and they seem really weird about it

Why on earth will 3 peoples pay go in and not the rest of us :mad:

What can I do in this situation?!

I still I have my work contract and they have breached IT!!

Do I just follow their instruction to 'keep checking' :/

I need this money!!!!

C.O.U.R.T. if you threaten them with it, they will get scared.
job from hell!

I can guarantee, without a doubt, that my job washing dishes and cleaning a kitchen for 40 hours a week is worse. However, your little pay scenario makes it pretty bad (maybe slightly worse). Not paying for services rendered is illegal (especially as you have a contract), so if they dont pay you you will be able to take them to court, however that doesn't really help when you are trying to book travel.

I feel for you, especially as all my travel is booked :biggrin:
Guys, the company this guy works for is the kind you dont want on your CV.
I KNOW they haven't sent it. They are soooo full of sh*t it's so damn ridiculous.
Apparently last year they did it to the gap year kids and ended up never paying some. Like they use to to save money, pay you sometimes, miss out some payments and just stuff like that. They're very very dodgy people.

NOT ME :angry: I don't care how much it will take I NEEEED that money.

Find out the name of the person who handles the payroll and go and see or talk to that person directly yourself. Don't rely on your line manager to get it done!
What on earth are you talking about?!
You get paid after work not before.

well if u aint got no job, and you aint smoking weed then I do not know what the **** you are doing with your life.

I really dont
It is common amongst people who sub contract, it has happened to me several times. If you are employed directly by a company that is going into recievership, you should get paid, eventually.
Original post by SoulfulBoy
C.O.U.R.T. if you threaten them with it, they will get scared.

Don't bet on it. Some people have very sharp business practices. The small claims court is the only option, not very scary.
I have a new job and I did 17hours 2 weeks ago an they still haven't paid me and money should go in to my bank between 2 and 3:30 am and there still isn't any sign of it what can I do ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending