The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Apparently Birmingham were giving away offers without even doing the LNAT?
If so - RAGE.
I know I could have a search but will just ask anyway...doesn't seem to be many Scots on here, any other Scottish offers? :smile:
Original post by jamestwob
Yeah I'd love to spend at least some of my time doing HR work, it's one of the few 100% worthy areas of Law even if it isn't lucrative at all.
I can beat that: My local library had never heard of Anna Karenina and couldn't spell Tolstoy. Oh, and they're open for about an hour and a half every week haha

Yeah, sometimes when I have my ethical citizen moments I think maybe I could do HR and pro bono work all the time, then I realise that I have to be able to afford to live :L Although, if you did it for long enough, you could probably avoid paying back your student loan...
Haha, well maybe you do beat me on that; ours is quite big and open quite a lot as it's part of a community centre thing. It's just full of rubbish. I always go to the same girl and she's always heard of what I'm looking for, just embarassed that they don't have it
Reply 2083
To all those waiting still on UCL listen to this . . .

I rang my School up :call:(I am a post A Level applicant) and they told me that UCL had a problem with the testing solutions Company Pearson VUE that are responsible for the LNAT and they had not received the LNAT scores for a whole lot of applicants. What does that mean, did they lose them? Then I thought yeah ok as if UCL sat there for weeks and finally caught on that they were at some point not infact getting any LNAT scores. Then I looked at last years TSR 'Official LNAT scores thread' and it turns out that the Company Pearson Vue that were responsible last year for what is afterall an aptitude test were well pretty incompetent and are in fact the same Company responsible for the LNAT this year!!

I'm just laughing in incredulity at just how stupid this Company are, this is what they did last year . . .

They sent results a day late due to some technical problems.
They did not send them all at the same time.
They initially told people that marks were out of 30 despite the fact that the test had 42 questions.
Then to add insult to injury they said, "Oh no, wait a sec, the scores are actually out of 42" and susequently had to resend every result out all over again.

:oops:

LOL . . . so maybe UCL did not get the LNAT scores of many applicants initially? Anyway after all that . . . . apparently they now have them . . . . finally.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ManPowa
thanks :smile: Its probably because I applied through the A2B scheme and I received two offers, so my offer for BHAM is AAB so i will be firming them.

Can I ask when did you take your LNAT and send your app off?

What is this A2B scheme? I have been hearing about it a lot. I sent my app off on 30th of november, and took my LNAT on the 9th of December..(feels like ages ago now) lol..I'm just hoping I get something back soon just to put me out of my misery and be able to join in with the excitement that you all have :smile: teheh ...
Reply 2085
Original post by ToyosiBaby
What is this A2B scheme? I have been hearing about it a lot. I sent my app off on 30th of november, and took my LNAT on the 9th of December..(feels like ages ago now) lol..I'm just hoping I get something back soon just to put me out of my misery and be able to join in with the excitement that you all have :smile: teheh ...

More Info: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/advice/a2b/index.aspx

I sent mine off on the 15th november and did my LNAT 2 days before xmas lol haha so its my fault for booking the wrong date. Dont worry, you will get an offer and keep me posted :smile::smile:
Original post by ToyosiBaby
I'm waiting for Birmingham too..when did you send your app off?

Heyy, I thought I'd let you know - I got my offer today, so shouldn't be long until you get a reply from them! :smile:
Reply 2087
Just got an offer for LLB @ Leeds, over the moon!

For ABB, was AAA... reduced to ABB via access.

*Jumps in the air!*
Original post by Potsui
To all those waiting still on UCL listen to this . . .

I rang my School up :call:(I am a post A Level applicant) and they told me that UCL had a problem with the testing solutions Company Pearson VUE that are responsible for the LNAT and they had not received the LNAT scores for a whole lot of applicants. What does that mean, did they lose them? Then I thought yeah ok as if UCL sat there for weeks and finally caught on that they were at some point not infact getting any LNAT scores. Then I looked at last years TSR 'Official LNAT scores thread' and it turns out that the Company Pearson Vue that were responsible last year for what is afterall an aptitude test were well pretty incompetent and are in fact the same Company responsible for the LNAT this year!!

I'm just laughing in incredulity at just how stupid this Company are, this is what they did last year . . .

They sent results a day late due to some technical problems.
They did not send them all at the same time.
They initially told people that marks were out of 30 despite the fact that the test had 42 questions.
Then to add insult to injury they said, "Oh no, wait a sec, the scores are actually out of 42" and susequently had to resend every result out all over again.

:oops:

LOL . . . so maybe UCL did not get the LNAT scores of many applicants initially? Anyway after all that . . . . apparently they now have them . . . . finally.

I might ring them up and ask.
Original post by Caitlin94
I know I could have a search but will just ask anyway...doesn't seem to be many Scots on here, any other Scottish offers? :smile:

aberdeen and strathclyde are the only ones to have given any to scottish applicants that im aware of as of yet, i've applied to edinburgh, dundee, stirling and napier and haven't recieved anything yet. i've been told to expect to wait a while.
I just got an offer from Bristol :biggrin: This means I can't have screwed up my LNAT that badly!
Reply 2091
Original post by thomaspullar1
aberdeen and strathclyde are the only ones to have given any to scottish applicants that im aware of as of yet, i've applied to edinburgh, dundee, stirling and napier and haven't recieved anything yet. i've been told to expect to wait a while.

I've also noticed that there are not many who have already got some answers from scottish universities. I have also applied to edinburgh, glasgow, strathclyde, aberdeen and dundee and i haven't had any answers yet. Thomaspullar: did you get an e-mail or sth where they told you to wait a while? And what is a while?:biggrin: I mean like 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months...
Original post by fishfan01
Yeah, sometimes when I have my ethical citizen moments I think maybe I could do HR and pro bono work all the time, then I realise that I have to be able to afford to live :L Although, if you did it for long enough, you could probably avoid paying back your student loan...
Haha, well maybe you do beat me on that; ours is quite big and open quite a lot as it's part of a community centre thing. It's just full of rubbish. I always go to the same girl and she's always heard of what I'm looking for, just embarassed that they don't have it

Just heard back from Bristol with an offer. AAB! Can't believe it! :smile: Any more news for you?
Just heard back from Bristol with an offer. AAB! Can't believe it! :smile: Any more news for you?

Really?! Blimming heck, that's amazing! Bristol are normally AAA, aren't they? I got an offer from Birmingham today! AAA or A*AB :smile: Rather happy about that :biggrin:
Reply 2094
Original post by aimlessinwonder
I just got an offer from Bristol :biggrin: This means I can't have screwed up my LNAT that badly!

me too! well done :biggrin:
Original post by Olive12
me too! well done :biggrin:

Congrats!

Academics inc GCSEs, AS level, and predictions?

I went to check my UCAS with high hopes....only to be let down.

COME ON.

Negged, really?
(edited 12 years ago)
I got an AAB offer as well. It's crazy, I wasn't expecting an offer, let alone a reduced offer! I'm guessing I did well in the LNAT cause my academics aren't that great.

GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAABB (+ an A in English Lit AS)

I'd rather not say my AS grades but let's just say they were not good. I screwed up x)

Predicted: AAA
I got an AAB offer as well. It's crazy, I wasn't expecting an offer, let alone a reduced offer! I'm guessing I did well in the LNAT cause my academics aren't that great.

GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAABB (+ an A in English Lit AS)

I'd rather not say my AS grades but let's just say they were not good. I screwed up x)

Predicted: AAA

Did you go to an underachieving school (<40% 5A*-C)?
Original post by tehforum
Did you go to an underachieving school (<40% 5A*-C)?

Nope. I don't go to private school, but my school is considered a good one.
Nope. I don't go to private school, but my school is considered a good one.

Hot damn - I need this AAB offer.

To all: LNAT results in 2 weeks!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending