The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I got AAAD in Biology, Economics, Sports science and English Literature. I can easily make up for the D in english and hope to get it remarked. Would you recommend applying to places like UCL/LSE etc. with those grades?

EDIT: I will be predicted A*A*AB or A*A*AA due to gaining high UMS in two of my subjects
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Selym95
I got AAAD in Biology, Economics, Sports science and English Literature. I can easily make up for the D in english and hope to get it remarked. Would you recommend applying to places like UCL/LSE etc. with those grades?

EDIT: I will be predicted A*A*AB or A*A*AA due to gaining high UMS in two of my subjects

Yeah you'll be fine. I think UCL say AAAe anyway. As above, good PS, good LNAT, get practising!
I got into Surrey who were asking for AAB but I got BBB. I feel like I cheated or something.
Got AAB in English Literature, History, Biology. Dropped a grade in Bio and my offer was AAA/A*AB from Birmingham but they let me in anyway, can't wait to start.

Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I got into Surrey who were asking for AAB but I got BBB. I feel like I cheated or something.

Your application is about more than just your grades, plus they might have been all high Bs? Please don't feel bad, be happy they really want you :biggrin:
Just got into UWE for Law through clearing! I originally wanted to do History but my dad sort of pushed me towards Law so I just went for it. My firm choice was Sussex which wanted AAB but I got BBC so I missed out.
Reply 3925
Got into SOAS :biggrin:
' University of Manchester for Law. Is anybody else studying there?
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
Got AAB in English Literature, History, Biology. Dropped a grade in Bio and my offer was AAA/A*AB from Birmingham but they let me in anyway, can't wait to start.

Your application is about more than just your grades, plus they might have been all high Bs? Please don't feel bad, be happy they really want you :biggrin:

Ooh! Congrats! I wanted to go to Birmingham but knew I'd never get in!

Thanks.
Hi, hope everyone got what they wanted.... :biggrin:

Anyone in King's?
What are people's views on Nottingham's high 2.2 classifications, when compared to other respected law universities?
Original post by Selym95
What are people's views on Nottingham's high 2.2 classifications, when compared to other respected law universities?

Same as every other 2.2 on the market?

I presume amongst a field of applicants where most have 2.1s and firsts, a 2.2 is still a 2.2. I don't think recruitment people people would point out any particular applicants and say "but this is a 2.2 from Nottingham".
Original post by admbeatmaker
Same as every other 2.2 on the market?

I presume amongst a field of applicants where most have 2.1s and firsts, a 2.2 is still a 2.2. I don't think recruitment people people would point out any particular applicants and say "but this is a 2.2 from Nottingham".

Sorry, i must rephrase. Nottingham gave out lots of 2.2's to graduates when compared to pther top uni's and generally seem to mark more harshly than any other top uni. What are your views on this?
Original post by Selym95
Sorry, i must rephrase. Nottingham gave out lots of 2.2's to graduates when compared to pther top uni's and generally seem to mark more harshly than any other top uni. What are your views on this?

Well, I'd really have to think about going to Nottingham. If it meant going to say Sheffield or York I was going to be more likely to get at least the 2.1, I'd certainly forget Nottingham. Having a 2.2 will almost certainly cut your chances of a career in law.
Original post by Selym95

link?
Hey guys,

Do you by any chance remember any A*AA / AAA universities that were available in Extra for UCAS 2012?
Original post by AnonCoconut
Hi, hope everyone got what they wanted.... :biggrin:

Anyone in King's?

Hi!
I want to do law for university and I'm thinking of applying to Kings College. My AS grades were okay, I got AABC (A for politics and R.E, B for English lit and only 3 points off a B for maths ) I'm hoping to get maths and English remarked so that hopefully it will go up a grade. I'm also thinking of dropping maths and continuing with the other subjects. My UCAS adviser told me that I will get predicted an A*AA or maybe(hopefully) A*A*A (not 100% sure but the A*AA prediction is definite) . I'm also doing EPQ which my topic is related to law and I also have no resits.
How was your AS/A level grades when you applied for Law at Kings? And do you think I stand a chance of getting in?
Thanks
Original post by Defragmentation
Hey guys,

Do you by any chance remember any A*AA / AAA universities that were available in Extra for UCAS 2012?

Yes! University of Leicester and University of Liverpool, which were both then also in clearing. Other universities that were available in Extra but not in clearing include the University of Birmingham...that's all that I can remember, though I think the University of Manchester may have been as well. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Unconventional.
Yes! University of Leicester and University of Liverpool, which were both then also in clearing. Other universities that were available in Extra but not in clearing include the University of Birmingham...that's all that I can remember, though I think the University of Manchester may have been as well. Hope that helps :smile:

That's lovely, thanks :smile:

Hope Birmingham will be in there again this year aha :biggrin:
Reply 3939
Original post by Defragmentation
Hey guys,

I believe Durham were, although whether they actually had places or just failed to opt out of extra, I couldn't say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending