The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michael321
Last year I applied for History, and before Cambridge got back to me I had a dream that I got an offer, but the envelope had a countdown timer in it and I only had twelve minutes to accept.

That is epic :biggrin:
Reply 1381
Original post by michael321
Last year I applied for History, and before Cambridge got back to me I had a dream that I got an offer, but the envelope had a countdown timer in it and I only had twelve minutes to accept.

Ouch, I don't think I could have coped with that! lol Mine was more like a general panic that 25 wouldn't be good enough, even though I secretly knew that it was. Which I think is quite telling overall, into my unconscious feelings about UCAS, but i'll let it go, lol.

So yeah... the law... Anyone struggling to read through their law books as well as doing their actual assigned work? I don't have a law class so all of my wider reading is in my own time, and I have three books on the go (Lord Denning, Criminal debates and Crime and Psychology) and literally have no time to fit them in!
Reply 1382
Bristol or Leicester...what do you think?
Original post by Elle408
Ouch, I don't think I could have coped with that! lol Mine was more like a general panic that 25 wouldn't be good enough, even though I secretly knew that it was. Which I think is quite telling overall, into my unconscious feelings about UCAS, but i'll let it go, lol.

So yeah... the law... Anyone struggling to read through their law books as well as doing their actual assigned work? I don't have a law class so all of my wider reading is in my own time, and I have three books on the go (Lord Denning, Criminal debates and Crime and Psychology) and literally have no time to fit them in!

Since you're not studying law, I'd leave that till the summer for "leisure" reading. I spent last summer reading law books, and is rather what made me want to study law.
Original post by Elle408

You don't need to go overboard on the law books. A few is good, but you can impress any interviewer if you can talk intelligently on just one or two. Of course, reading in general is always good, and there's no harm in getting an informed perspective on the sort of thing you'll be covering; just remember that getting the A-level results should come first.
Original post by FSHS07
Bristol or Leicester...what do you think?

Depends on whether you think you can do good in the LNAT for Bristol.
Original post by oligc94
GCSEs: 11A*s 1A

AS History: A
AS English Lit/Lang: A
AS Economics: A
AS Maths: A

Predictions:

History: A*
English Lit/Lang: A*
Economics: A*

Applying for:

Oxford (Wadham)
LSE
UCL
Kings
Warwick

Anybody got any offers from any of these uni's yet?? I'm getting worried :frown:

We have applied to the exact same universities!
Hey Fellow Law Applicants :smile:

I've applied to:

Nottingham
Bristol
Newcastle (OFFER, AAA)
Leicester (OFFER, AAA)
Southampton

If I were to get an offer from all 5 I really wouldn't have a clue what my first choice would be x)
Reply 1388
What are the chances of getting accepted onto the law course if you apply and send off your application now??
Reply 1389
Original post by ManPowa
What are the chances of getting accepted onto the law course if you apply and send off your application now??

Pretty good! You've missed the deadline for Oxbridge, but the regular UCAS deadline isn't until January 15th! As long as you get it in by then the universities have to give you equal consideration!
Reply 1390
Offer from Teesside and Northumbria up to now :biggrin:
Reply 1391
Got an offer from Warwick :smile: Not my first choice but glad to finally get an offer!
Reply 1392
Original post by oligc94
Got an offer from Warwick :smile: Not my first choice but glad to finally get an offer!

ooh, I applied to Warwick too... when did you send your application?

Well done btw! :biggrin:
Original post by oligc94

Original post by oligc94

Congrats, where else have you applied then? :smile:
do you mind me asking your grades?
Might as well join in this thread :biggrin:

Have applied to...
Birmingham (Offer - AAA/A*AB)
College of Law, Bloomsbury (Offer - ABB)
Aberystwyth (Offer - 340 UCAS)
Hull (Offer - 320 UCAS)
York

My predicted grades are..
English Lit - A*
Law - A
History - B

AS results were...
English Lit - A
Law - C (one mark off a B + resitting)
History - C (resitting)

EDIT: Hull is for Law with Literature, the rest are just straight Law :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1395
Original post by silverspoonmess
Congrats, where else have you applied then? :smile:
do you mind me asking your grades?

Thankyou :smile: Also applied to Oxford (Wadham), LSE, UCL and Kings.

AS: History A, Economics A, English Lit/Lang A, Maths A

Predictions: History A*, Economics A*, English Lit/Lang A*
Original post by oligc94

Original post by oligc94
Thankyou :smile: Also applied to Oxford (Wadham), LSE, UCL and Kings.

AS: History A, Economics A, English Lit/Lang A, Maths A

Predictions: History A*, Economics A*, English Lit/Lang A*

Ah, waiting to hear from Oxford is painful, I applied to Keble but I'm trying not to get my hopes up, it's tricky.
Reply 1397
Original post by Olive12
ooh, I applied to Warwick too... when did you send your application?

Well done btw! :biggrin:

7th October :smile:
Well done on the Warwick offer! What grades are they asking for?
Reply 1399
Original post by oligc94
7th October :smile:

aaah OK, I sent mine a few days afterwards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending