The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Halfway through reading Daughters Of Shame by Jasvinder Sanghera. Started crying 40 pages in :frown:
A Game of Thrones :smile:
Reply 1982
Just finished Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby last night and now reading No and Me by Delphine de Vigan.
The Trial by Kafka!
Reply 1984
Kane and Abel by Jeoffrey Archer
Blink- The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - Malcolm Gladwell.

I've read another of Gladwell's books (Outliers), that and the one I'm currently reading are both really good. I find his work so engaging, it truly feels like being in someone else's mind and thinking how they think. In Blink, there is a insight puzzle in the book that actually made me feel like a Id lost my mind.
Steven Pinker- The better angels of our nature

Basically its about the decline of violence throughout human history, and he provides theories for why it has changed etc and what this means for the world
Reply 1987
Alexander Litvinenko - Blowing Up Russia
Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Reply 1989
I've got quite a few on the go at the moment, will probably take forever to finish them all:

The Neurotourist: Postcards from the Edge of Brain Science (Lone Frank)

The Cell: A Very Short Introduction (Terence Allen)

The Selfish Gene (Richard Dawkins)
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides.
Reply 1991
'Middlemarch' by Eliot. It's so flipping long!
Original post by DebatingGreg
The Trial by Kafka!

This is one of my favourite books ever, hope you enjoy it!
I recently watched the When We Were Kings documentary about the rumble in the jungle.

Consequently, I've just started reading The Fight by Norman Mailer.
Original post by mrs_bellamy
This is one of my favourite books ever, hope you enjoy it!

Good to know. I read The Metamorphosis first, then some more of his short stories, and now I'm hooked :colone:
Original post by DebatingGreg
Good to know. I read The Metamorphosis first, then some more of his short stories, and now I'm hooked :colone:

Have you read 'A Country Doctor'? That is my favourite of the short stories, but I haven't read that many of them. The Metamorphosis is great too. I've read all 3 of his novels and loved them all.
Currently reading John Derbyshire's "Prime Obsession" (The Maths book, not the romance novel that many people get it confused with), and it's a great read so far. "The Music Of The Primes" was a good book on the Riemann Hypothesis, but "Prime Obsession" goes into the Maths a lot more, even if the author explicitly steers away from using calculus wherever possible.
Original post by mrs_bellamy
Have you read 'A Country Doctor'? That is my favourite of the short stories, but I haven't read that many of them. The Metamorphosis is great too. I've read all 3 of his novels and loved them all.

Yeah, the Country Doctor is great. My favourite though is A Hunger Artist, but The Judgement is so passionate too. So many to choose from! I'm hoping to read The Castle soon.
About halfway through The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
Reply 1999
The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending