The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat - yes, i know, typical hopeful medic further reading :colondollar:
Reply 381
The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy (for the sixth time)

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer (I can't watch the movie without reading the book first)

Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie

Yes I always read several books at a time.
The house of special purpose - John Boyne
Liking it so far :smile:
Reply 383
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury.
Reply 384
A Hero Of Our Time - Lermontov.
Homage to Catalonia - George Orwell
Original post by sophia_
The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy (for the sixth time)

Twilight - Stephenie Meyer (I can't watch the movie without reading the book first)

Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie

Yes I always read several books at a time.

Hi Sophia, is 'The God of Small Things' a good book? I see you're reading it for the sixth time :h:
Reply 387
Original post by BloodyMary
Hi Sophia, is 'The God of Small Things' a good book? I see you're reading it for the sixth time :h:

I find it quite amazing, I'm not really sure why - can't exactly put my finger on it.

It's well written, not normally the type of storyline I would find that much gratification with reading, but it's definitely definitely worth reading.
across the nightingale floor - Lian Hearn
rigth after reading young samurai: the way of the warrior - chris bradford
The private life of the brain - Susan A. Greenfield
Fall of Giants by Ken Follett
Everyone must, must, MUST read 'Horns' by Joe Hill.

Incredible story and the writing is just so beautiful and gripping - over 400 pages and I finished it in a day and a half. One of those books that I just couldn't put down and everywhere I went/did, the book was always with me and I stayed up at night to finish it.

I love it when a book is that powerful!

I would love to hear if people here have read it and what they think about it?
Reply 392
'the subjection of women' John Stuart Mill. I'm starting to like the man :smile:
The Red Pony by John Steinbeck...

...I'm slowly making my way through his writings. :biggrin:
Reply 394
Just finished Persuader by Lee Child and started reading 'sleeping around- Catherine Townsend' its very naughty :O lmao, persuader is definitely a good read :smile:
Reply 395
I have just started Life of Pi even though it's been sitting on my bookshelf for 3 years. I'm looking forward to reading it!
Reply 396
Turn of the Screw by Henry James. Have to read it for A level English. Quite interesting so far
Reply 397
re-reading Dracula :]

got 'tan lines' lined up for the beach in a fortnight :smile:
It's your time you're wasting by Frank Chalk

- really interesting, teacher writes about his time in a ****ty school and just how bad education really is.

As an example, some interesting points (direct quotes from book) which I happen to agree with;

Dyslexia; useful excuse for kids who can't be bothered to remember spellings. Mother has pestered doctor to diagnose dyslexia

ADD - attention deficit disorder - has been fed lots of sugar and additives from an early age and never taught how to sit still or made to do any excersise.

ADHD - attention deficit and hyperactive disorder - same as above, but mother has discovered that she may be able to claim disability allowance for child with ADHD
'How to be a woman'- Caitlin Moran.

She is sooo cool. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending