The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin

I thought the fault in our stars might be the book that finally made me cry, but sadly not. I've only ever had one emotional reaction to a book or film, anyone have any recommendations?
Little Women :')
Reply 1962
Original post by PJ07
Really liked though it's a bit heavy at times.

I agree, I read the first chapter around 5 times just to get my head around the name! Haha
Reply 1963
Veronika Decides To Die has just been delivered.

And I've just finished The Bell Jar. Sensing a theme :beard:.
Rereading the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. I hope to make it to the end of Book 5 this time - didn't even finish the third one last time I tried this :'(
The Penelopiad by Margret Atwood
Original post by beffnee
before cracking on rereading Jane Eyre and Dracula! The joys of essay time!

I'm re-reading Dracula in preparation for my A2 English lit. exam (as well as Macbeth and Paradise Lost Books 1 & 2)...I'm currently on Chapter 10 and things are just starting to get good :ninja: Van Helsing has just come into the narrative, and Dr. Seward (in my opinion one of the best characters in the whole novel) has taken over most of the narration...
Watching the English, Kate Fox.

Funny.
Reply 1968
Diary of a Drug Fiend - Aleister Crowley
Original post by Miracle Day
I read an extract of George Orwell 1986 and it looked really good so I might buy it.

Opinions?

1986....?
Reply 1970
Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
Cherry Tree Lane by Anna Jacobs
Gone crazy with reading this month. Just finished The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood, and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World before that. Now 200 pages into The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressel and got House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski coming in the post from Amazon next week.
I've just started reading 'Super Sad True Love Story' by Gary Shteyngart and it's really funny. Can't wait to get more into it!
I'm reading about fifteen at once. I'll list what I can remember anyhow.

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, American Gods (for the third time, almost finished), Shade's Children (for the second time), They Dynamics of Creation, Tekstura, Obsessions: Collectors & Their Passions, Wabi Sabi: The Japanese Art of Impermanence, The Courage To Heal, Snuff
Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult.
After Rain by William Trevor - king of the short stories in my opinion
Reply 1977
Cosmos - Carl Sagan <3

And for when I'm feeling adventurous, a French book called 'Erreurs de Pilotage', about plane crashes.
Wheres Wally? :smug:
Just started Pride and Prejudice and re-reading A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf concurrently. I've never read any Austen before and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending