The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Done my first essay of the day; I have to do five more to finish all my Unit 3 revision, so I shall do those this morning. I have a driving lesson after that, but will then do two English essays, before going hard on some Unit 4 Psychology revision. Also, I need to do the immune response...
Music: notes on Four
French: finish techniques in Moderato Cantabile
French: subjunctive, passive, demonstrative adjectives, pronouns....all the grammar I don't like!!
English: key quotes in School for Scandal
English: background on School for Scandal
English: characters in Twelfth Night
English: themes in Twelfth Night

English is the focus for today! Want to get that last set work done for Music though, and bits of grammar that I must go over for French. But it is SHAKESPEARE DAY mainly :woo:
(edited 12 years ago)
If I can do this well in the actual exam... I'll be over the moon, just got an A* on the last unit 4 bio paper I did, shall do another one soon... hopefully do as well... but first, go over my mistakes to figure out why they happened and how to avoid them... oh how unit 4 is the bane of my nightmares >.< x
Good luck for bio UNIT 4 everyone :woo: nobody panic :colondollar: xD
Going to make philosophy revision cards, then go over exercises for C4 and then do a paper or two.
Reply 585
Original post by a.nk
I have literally done next to no work for M1. Are you on OCR? Thankfully it doesn't count towards the A* and I did AS physics last year which makes it much easier. Good luck! C4 on thursday though... now that does matter...

Just wondering about the A*, do you need above 90 for C3 and C4 or is it just the average (e.g. does an 100 at C3 mean an 80 at C4 will still get you an A*?). I'm on OCR and was pretty sure it was averaged but am panicking last minute!

Hope you're all getting on well, they'll all nearly be over :biggrin:

yh as long ur c3 and c4 score 180 in total or more....u get the a*....im also doin c3 and c4 :colone:
Reply 586
To do:

Sit M2 exam - 0900-1030
C3 solomon B
C3 solomon C
C3 solomon D
C4 solmon C
C4 solomon D

Physics - Syllabus review
Economics - case studies
Economics - definitions
Reply 587
Original post by Rahul.S
yh as long ur c3 and c4 score 180 in total or more....u get the a*....im also doin c3 and c4 :colone:

Which other maths modules are you taking this session apart from C3 and C4?
Finally Learnt all the chemistry organic reactions :biggrin:
I can actually recite them like the times tables :biggrin:
Reply 589
Original post by mir3a
Which other maths modules are you taking this session apart from C3 and C4?

im in y12 just in case....i did m1 and d1....c3, c4 and fp1 :colone:

u? ur doin AS f add maths init?
Reply 590
Original post by Rahul.S
im in y12 just in case....i did m1 and d1....c3, c4 and fp1 :colone:

u? ur doin AS f add maths init?

Oh coolio, yep AFM AS.
Happy I got m2 out of the way, next exam STEP :eek:

Today, going to do the 2010 STEP II paper (1-4) then will do some physics :biggrin:
One more essay (third today), then home. Stupid driving lesson cutting into my day. :mad:
Reply 593
Chemistry time.
Just had a horrendous biology paper which I want to purge out of my mind.
Need to try and find my bloody driving license or order a new one before I can start revision again. :mad: FFS....
Reply 595
Just did an FP1 paper - not so good :sad: Really need to get a move on - exam's next week! Complex numbers tonight and one past paper, at least.
Reply 596
Have about 15 chemistry past papers. Should keep me busy.
I have now ordered a replacement driving license, now I can do my final three Unit 3 essays and then that is DONE! :woo: Then I'm going to do a Section B essay, then maybe a synoptic essay for Biology...something on carbohydrate?
Today STEP STEP STEP!!! (and some physics -_-)
Reply 599
Goodness me, you don't expect a chemistry question to begin like this:
'The female of the American cockroach (Periplaneta americana secretes a chemical (pheromone) of molecular formula C11H18O2 to which the male of the species is attracted' :lolwut:
This is actually a question on RMM calculations etc.

Quick Reply

Latest