The Student Room Group

Suggest me a good film to watch

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
If he's got a dog, can you make a video of you shooting it? That'll make him cry, easy fiver.
Reply 981
Men Of Honor always gets me for a good cry, also Deep Impact.
The Reader
Atonement
My Sister's Keeper
Lion King
The Notebook
Titanic
Persuit of Happyness

All made me cry lol.
Reply 983
Original post by isawsparks89
:sadnod: I was in tears when they showed auschwitz, that was so sad for me. Also, schindlers list, but I think Life Is Beautiful was sadder for me.

The way he tries to be so upbeat infront of his son so he doesn't know what's really going on. :cry2: Oh god...
Original post by James4d
You're right, girls are crazy, obviously a woman getting buried alive and eventually finding a way out if a sure-fire tear-jerker...

I'm sorry OP, but if you wanted him to cry you shouldn't have made the bet, there's no way he will now

I just said I found it bad, I didn't say it made me cry. It's one of the few scenes from a film I have difficulty watching though. I'm saying that as a man, I can't tell you what a tear jerker is. All I know is that it was horrible to watch and I don't know why.
omg omg omg I have a limited amount of time
and I need to download ( i mean erm buy) a movie QUICK TIME

suggestions please!!!!

comedy - nothing vulgar or rude

or rom com but nothing too cheesey :P

it's gonna be watched by two 19 year old students if that helps..please help meee this is URGENT!!!!
Reply 986
Original post by secret_smile
Dumbo :cry2:
Anyone who can watch that scene where his mum cradles him with her trunk through the bars without welling up can't be human in my opinion.

:cry2::cry2::cry2: "Baby of mine...."
revenge of the nerds
I agree with schindler's list( at the end) and the pursuit of happiness. Guys aren't likely to cry over soppy romance films.
Reply 989
Bruce Almighty, sure fire winner! :smile:
Original post by easyindeed
revenge of the nerds

LOL is this a real movie?
Original post by monkeyslut27
I have a bet with my unemotional absolute monster of friend that I can find a film to make him cry but I've already tried the guardian and the persuit of hapiness expecting to win a fiver (I was in floods in both of these) - and NOTHING.

I need some serious help!

All I have to go by is that about 10 years ago he nearly cried in 'the fox and the hound' and he found 127 hours quite emotional

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Armageddon! it was the first and only film to make me cry... honestly
Black Swan.
Original post by TheBigI
Bruce Almighty, sure fire winner! :smile:

thanks!!! what's it about??
Reply 994
Original post by Unvincibledudeman
I just said I found it bad, I didn't say it made me cry. It's one of the few scenes from a film I have difficulty watching though. I'm saying that as a man, I can't tell you what a tear jerker is. All I know is that it was horrible to watch and I don't know why.

Don't mean to be a **** for saying this, but that's not what the thread is about. I mean, a thread about what scenes we have trouble watching (which in itself, is a good idea for a thread) is completely different to a thread asking for tear-jerkers.

It's like comparing Bambi to Saw...
Reply 995
Original post by loonyplatypus
If he's ever owned a dog, Marley and Me.

i dont even like dogs and i was filling up when marley died :/
GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
absolutely no idea why someone would cry over a film.....

.....its a film remember
Original post by James4d
Don't mean to be a **** for saying this, but that's not what the thread is about. I mean, a thread about what scenes we have trouble watching (which in itself, is a good idea for a thread) is completely different to a thread asking for tear-jerkers.

It's like comparing Bambi to Saw...

It's just my opinion on it. If he's that kind of guy, he will just have scenes he can't watch comfortably, as opposed to ones where he cries. And I reckon my other suggestions were reasonable.
And I don't think you're a **** :tongue:
Put the Titanic on and then kick him in the balls ?!?

Quick Reply

Latest